3 people are interested
At home opportunity to support hospital staff
ORGANIZATION: MultiCare Health System
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Via Teams, volunteers will virtually act out various patient roles as part of a system-wide training of MultiCare Case Managers. This position entails guided improvisation. Volunteers will have assigned roles and role guidelines to follow in a virtual training session while being observed by CM specialists. Following the session, volunteer will provide non-clinical feedback as to how they felt about the interaction. The goal of the simulation is to train Case Managers on ways to improve their case management skills. Volunteers will have the opportunity to rehearse roles with CM Specialist.
- Sign up for simulation sessions on a month-to-month basis; 1 3-hour session/week preferred or more as available.
- Minimum commitment: 1 month: 2 sessions; Consecutive participation for 2 moths is preferred, however a long-term commitment isn’t necessary.
- Understand their role and following the direction of the CM Professional Development Specialist.
- Document volunteer activity and time by way of the Volunteer Services Vic-Touch system.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Computer skills, specifically knowledge of Microsoft Teams or willingness to learn basic computer skills.
- Be reliable and punctual.
- Demonstrate respect for people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and ages.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively in a variety of settings, including by computer and phone.
- Able to maintain appropriate personal and professional boundaries.
- Able to always maintain HIPAA confidentiality guidelines
- Commit to a monthly schedule.
- Complete volunteer application and training requirements.
- Have an email account and a camera/voice capability for virtual training sessions.
- Maintain open communication, reporting any concerns.
- Adhere to all MultiCare guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Complete annual volunteer education requirements and annual competency review.
11 More opportunities with MultiCare Health System1 Review
About MultiCare Health System
1901 S Union Ave, Tacoma, WA 98405, US
Partnering for Healing and a Healthy Future
MultiCare Health System is a not-for-profit health care organization with more than 18,000 team members, including employees, providers and volunteers.
We've been caring for our community for well over a century, since the founding of Tacoma's first hospital. And today, we are the largest community-based, locally governed health system in the state of Washington.
Our comprehensive system of health includes numerous primary care, urgent care and specialty services - including Immediate Clinic, MultiCare Indigo Urgent Care, Pulse Heart Institute and MultiCare Rockwood Clinic, the largest multispecialty clinic in the Inland Northwest region.
Our network of care includes seven hospitals:
- Allenmore Hospital, Tacoma
- Auburn Medical Center, Auburn
- Deaconess Hospital, Spokane
- Good Samaritan Hospital, Puyallup
- Mary Bridge Children's Hospital, Tacoma - the region's only children's hospital and state-designated Level II Pediatric Trauma Center for Western Washington
- Tacoma Genera Hospital, Tacoma, which is home to the Puget Sound Region's only Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Valley Hospital, Spokane Valley
MultiCare Medical Associates, affiliated physicians and a wide range of community outreach programs across the state completed our organization.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 10, 2023
- Customer Service
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Patient Care
- Basic Computer Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training