1 person is interested
STL Artists for new educational RPG!
ORGANIZATION: Project Imo
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Do you have the ability to bring wondrous characters, beasts, and terrain to life in a virtual environment?
Can your sculpt transport someone to far-away lands of adventure?
Can your visions translate into 3D printing and onto the tabletop?!
Be a part of The Skies of Seorsus: a Creative Worlds educational RPG
Project Imo is building out our own tabletop educational opportunities for youth. Our Creative Worlds games integrate immersive tabletop gaming and off-table activities that encourage social-emotional, STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math), and conservation learning.
The Skies of Seorsus will feature a partially defined world that allows educators and players to have creative spaces and build themselves into the larger story universe in an inclusive, engaging, and rules agnostic way.
Our Creative Worlds system in-development will be a highly adaptable, easy to implement game that incorporates elements of tabletop role playing, board gaming, formal educational tools, experiential SEL activities, STEAM learning, and conservation education.
We are looking for creative, team-oriented 3D sculptors who understand 3D printing to help bring the world of Seorsus to live through character-driven stories, wonderous descriptions of fantastic beasts, and more.
If you love RPG adventure and helping kids explore natural sciences in creative and prosocial ways, then this opportunity is for YOU!
You can learn more at https://projectimo.org/explore-creative-worlds
Selected volunteers may be asked to:
- Develop character, bestiary, and terrain elements as 3D printable models
- Work from narrative or visual models to create 3D renders suitable for resin or filament printing
- ensure models are family appropriate and support creative problem solving for youth participants in line with the Creative Worlds ethos
- provide working supports for Lychee, Chitubox, or similar slicer programs
- test print models prior to project completion
- collaborate with game designers, visual artists, and writers
- Strong portfolio of previous work and completed projects
- strong working knowledge of industry software (e.g. Z-Brush) and slicers such as Lychee or Chitubox
- Excellent creative and artistic skills
- good communication and teamwork skills
- strong understanding of storytelling through sculpture
- strong ability to assess project capacity and meet deadlines
- excellent communication skills
Please email email@example.com with a link to your portfolio or attach a short sample of your work. Interest contact will only be considered with portfolio or STL image samples included.
More opportunities with Project Imo
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Project Imo
50 Larrow Drive, North Windham, CT 06256, US
The mission of Project Imo is to use outdoor experiential programs to help groups and communities develop relationships and skills for sustainable success and provide access to greenspaces and learning for underserved youth. By utilizing experiential education programs, community problem-solving endeavors, shared spaces for peacebuilding, and outdoor learning, Project Imo will help people build social-emotional skills, leadership skills, knowledge and competencies, and connections with nature.
Project Imo supports its framework through a series of programs including youth leadership development initiatives, child and youth educational programs and products, community leadership and team building services and programs, innovative and scientifically supported educational tools and resources, and preserving natural spaces for use in these endeavors.
Team Imo leverages over two centuries of experience in a wide variety of disciplines that merge into a comprehensive approach to community building and service delivery for children and youth, underserved community groups, a wide variety of community stakeholders, and our natural world. Our growing and passionate community includes experienced outdoor and classroom educators and youth services professionals, innovative technology experts, research professionals, justice system professionals, and conservationists.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 10, 2023
- Visual Arts
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Animation Software
- Graphic Design
- People 55+
- project-based work for single pieces or larger lines of STLs