5 people are interested
Peer Leader & Training
ORGANIZATION: BRAVE STEP INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Have you considered volunteering as a peer leader? What does that entail? Join us for Brave Step’s Peer Leader Training to explore what it means to be a peer leader and discuss best practices.
During Brave Step’s Peer Leader training, we will explore what it means to be a peer leader and discuss best practices. This training will be a step towards becoming a Brave Step peer leader for one or more of our Courageous programs, including our peer support group.
While you are deciding whether you want or are ready to be a peer leader, here are a few things to consider:
- Are you in a safe space, both mentally and physically, in your healing and recovery process?
- Are you comfortable sharing your story and facilitating conversations on sensitive topics?
- Do you feel you are ready to commit to helping others on their healing?
If you answered yes to all of three, please apply to join us on Saturday, March 25 to learn more! Attendance is not a commitment nor an invitation to be a peer leader for Brave Step.
Visit Peer Leader Training - Brave Step Adult Survivor Care to sign up for the training.
2 More opportunities with BRAVE STEP INC
About BRAVE STEP INC
970 STAFFORD FARM RD, CONCORD, NC 28025, US
Brave Step empowers individuals who have been impacted by sexual abuse. To shape a strong, supportive community, we: • Provide personalized services that help adults impacted by sexual abuse reclaim the life they deserve; • Foster brave public conversations about sexual abuse; and • Cultivate courageous changemakers.
Brave Step equips adult survivors, loved ones and the community with the skills and understanding to shape a strong, supportive community.
How do we do that? In a number of ways:
- Adult Survivor Care: Adult survivors deserve to lead their best life, one that is not defined by or limited by past abuse. To help survivors reclaim the life they deserve, Brave Step presents a multi-faceted healing model that includes individual counseling, group therapy, peer-led support groups, empowerment programs, and ways to find one’s voice.
- Care for Loved Ones: We believe that educating and supporting the loved ones of a survivor is a critical component to giving survivors the best possible chance to heal. We offer therapeutic interventions for loved ones and a supportive, understanding place to process their emotions.
- Community Education: Fostering brave public conversations about sexual abuse must be at the heart of what we do. It is our responsibility to inform the community on the impact of sexual abuse, preventative measures to take and how we can collectively fight this pervasive issue.
- Changemakers: By harnessing the passion and courage of survivors, loved ones and the community, Brave Step nurtures the skills, understanding and strength to become a changemaker on this pervasive issue. We curate, educate and activate through training curriculums, policy education, storytelling, survivor advocacy and more.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 10, 2023
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Six hours for the initial training. Following the training, Brave Step seeks a one-year commitment selecting 3-6 groups to co-lead or lead.