DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
NHQ:IT - End User Services: Volunteer Technical Specialist - Eastern New York
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - National Headquarters
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Information Technology (IT) department, specifically the End User Services (EUS) team. This opportunity requires participation in in-person activities and/or perform work in a Red Cross facility. Currently, we are recruiting for the following location and other sites within 40 miles:
Eastern New York American Red Cross
33 Everett Road Albany, NY 12205
The IT EUS Volunteer Technical Specialist is responsible for providing IT support for all American Red Cross end users (staff, volunteers, disaster operations). Volunteers in this position utilize the Red Cross ticketing system and provide computer equipment and support, determine user needs and maintain equipment and software as applicable. Technical Specialists provide onsite and remote IT problem resolution. Other responsibilities include organizing and coordinating activities associated with installation, deployment and upgrade of software, hardware and network facilities as it relates to the IT environment.
- Provide technical support troubleshooting IT equipment - computers, printers, network equipment, etc.
- Participate in local and enterprise-wide IT projects Support immediate technology needs for local disaster response operations and provide support to disaster team as needed during a local disaster operation
- Support IT needs at special events
- Manage IT assets (equipment issue/return, maintain inventory database)
- Ensure compliance with established quality standards and requirements
- Assist with end user training
- Utilize the Red Cross ticketing system to address end user issues
- Assist with developing or improving EUS policies and procedures
- Participate in core team meetings
- Experience troubleshooting personal desktop computing and advanced office automation technology including Microsoft Windows XP, 7, 8.1, 10, Office, Office 365, file shares, printers and scanners
- Minimum one-year experience providing hands-on networking/desktop/PC administration and hardware/software support
- Knowledge of local and wide area networking to include wireless design and setup
- Ability to prioritize and quickly resolve issues
- Operational flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs
- Flexible availability, including some availability during business hours
- Willingness to travel and provide support in person at local Red Cross offices
- Knowledge of ITSM/Ticketing Systems
- Knowledge of the ticket lifecycle
- Knowledge of Service Level Targets
- Willingness to comply with current public health and Red Cross policies
- Resume Requirement
Length Of Appointment:
6-12 month with reappointment as mutually agreed
52 More opportunities with American Red Cross - National Headquarters
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 9, 2023
- Software Engineering
- IT Strategy
- IT Management
- IT Help Desk
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Must be available on a regular basis during normal business hours. There may be occasional requests for after-hours or weekend work, volunteers who are only available evenings and weekends would not appropriate fit for this position.