ORGANIZATION: League of Women Voters of Oregon
Please visit the new page to apply.
The League of Women Voters(r) of Oregon (LWVOR) is a grassroots, nonpartisan civic organization that encourages informed and active participation in government in order to build better communities statewide. LWVOR's purpose is to influence public policy through education and advocacy and to provide support for League members and the League organization. The League seeks to empower citizens to understand governmental issues and to engage in the political process. We provide balanced, accurate, nonpartisan information to all Oregonians.
The President of the League of Women Voters of Oregon represents the League and oversees general League program progress. Board members and staff collaborate with the President to set organizational goals.
Oversee Board and off-Board chairs’ work:
- Work with the Board at annual retreat to coordinate calendars and deadlines, action strategies, priorities, board policies, events, etc.
- Act as an ex-officio member of all committees except the Nominating Committee.
- Recommend board and commission appointments with Board approval.
- Sign official League correspondence (with appropriate director when suitable).
- Join in annual document review, as needed.
- Work with the Action Chair and committee; review all written testimony. Review Legislative Reports (during Legislative session).
Prepare for and preside at Board Meetings
- Prepare agendas soliciting Board input, convene remote meetings, and conduct e-votes.
- Preside over general membership meetings.
- Preside at annual Board Retreats.
Serve as League spokesperson
- Serve as League spokesperson, delegating as relevant. Be available for legislative testimony; be our official voice at the Legislature and other press events as requested.
- Monitor inter-League correspondence and communications. Serve as a "link" between the local, Oregon and other states, and the national League.
- Serve as a Delegate to State and National Councils and Conventions.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the capacity to facilitate communication among Board colleagues, League members, LWVOR staff, and volunteers.
- A deep understanding of nonprofit and organizational leadership.
- Previous volunteer experience in leadership capacities, preferably on a nonprofit Board of Directors.
- Must reside in Oregon. Most work is remote; the position requires some travel to events and meetings.
Note: This is a volunteer position.
Please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
1 More opportunity with League of Women Voters of Oregon
About League of Women Voters of Oregon
1330 12TH ST SE STE 200, SALEM, OR 97302, US
League of Women Voters of Oregon works to encourage active and informed participation in government and to increase understanding of major policy issues. The League seeks to empower citizens to understand governmental issues and to participate in the political process. We seek to provide balanced, accurate, nonpartisan information to all Oregonians.
Members of the LWV, an active group of women and men of all ages and backgrounds, work on issues that make a difference locally, statewide, and nationally. You too can help make democracy work.
Multiple locations Portland, OR 97266
February 9, 2023
- Executive Admin
- Public Relations
- Program Management
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management