Pro Bono Engineer & Architect to Plan Our First School Build in the Philippines
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Minds Beyond MeasureMission Statement
Minds Beyond Measure (MBM), a nonprofit, strives to inspire purpose and passion, to empower and cultivate great minds in children, youth and teachers to improve educational outcomes in New York and developing countries.Background of our Organization
Minds Beyond Measure (MBM), is a nonprofit, newly established in 2019. It was birthed from the founder's traveling experiences and living abroad across Asia, and seeing a lack of educational resources and the lack of access to education in some very impoverished communities. The journey included training teachers, teaching children and youth, visiting rural schools with limited or no resources, experiencing children and youth who were hungry for small things, often taken for granted in the Western world, such as pencils and paper to write and books to read. This experience then evolved into a passion to serve the underserved, at risk and provide access to quality education for both teachers and students through pathways that inspire for life. This is when MBM was born.Role Overview
Are you an engineer or architect, and would you love to be a part of creating positive impact through education in a small community in the Philippines?
We would love your support in helping us build our first school in the Philippines, to provide students with access to education, to cultivate hope, and to make lasting impact on both teachers and students.
We’re looking for volunteers who are knowledgeable in helping us draft out a plan for a school building, to present to the local government in rural Philippines so we can begin our amazing new school and provide a school for a community in great need.Job Duties and Tasks
The position entails two main tasks:
- Draft: Drawing out a plan of the school (e.g. classes, offices, bathrooms etc.)
- Plan: Create a plan of all the materials, resources and labor required for the build, including estimate of total costs.
You commit to bringing and/or growing in the following skills:
- A passion for philanthropic work (preferably in Education) and commitment to the nonprofit sector
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in architecture or related/applicable area
- Knowledge of drafting, planning and designing
- Previous experience in design (2D, 3D etc.)
- Exemplary communication abilities
- Strong interpersonal and team skills to work with other team members and CEO
- Excellent organizational abilities and strong attention to detail
- Aptitude for design
- Able to analyze problems logically
- Strong writing and drawing skills
- Great decision making abilities
- Strong research skills to develop a plan that uses sustainable resources
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurringFalse
8483 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
West 42nd StreetNew York, NY 10036
February 9, 2023