Governing Council Committee Member - Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: National Network of Ocean and Climate Change Interpretation
Do you want to have a bigger voice in moving NNOCCI’s work forward? Interested in a professional development opportunity in an internationally recognized climate change communication program? Have a desire to shift the conversation on climate change to be more positive, solution-focused and community-minded?
We are pleased to announce that applications are now open to join NNOCCI’s Governing Council, a group of committees actively engaged in sustaining, deepening, and expanding NNOCCI’s work. We are currently recruiting for a variety of volunteer positions to join our committees, as well as a position within our Board of Directors:
- Vice President
- Impact and Evaluation
- JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion)
- Membership Engagement
What can you gain as part of our team?
- FREE Crash Course training in Strategic Framing principles: Learn to foster hopeful, solutions-focused climate change conversations by participating for free in NNOCCI’s Crash Course ($250 registration fee waived for Governing Council members).
- Professional development: Collaborate with a talented and dedicated group of people passionate about taking action on climate change. NNOCCI hosts webinars, plans retreats for leadership, and develops membership conferences you would be welcome to participate in!
- Skill-building: Volunteering as a committee leader provides everyone an opportunity to build our skills as we learn from and support one another.
What are the requirements for joining our team?
- An interest in advancing NNOCCI’s work
- Committing to spending at least 3-5 hours per month on NNOCCI meetings and projects
- Willingness to stay on our team for 2 years (i.e. Spring 2023 - Spring 2025)
- Ability to correspond, upon acceptance, via both email and Slack
Positions are open to all, with no previous NNOCCI training required (see full descriptions in Council Position Description document below for preferred qualifications). Please also share with colleagues who you think might be a good fit.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8323 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
2000 Bunker RoadSausalito, CA 94965
February 9, 2023
- Human Resources Diversity
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH