Partnerships and Outreach Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Minds Beyond MeasureMission Statement
Minds Beyond Measure (MBM), a nonprofit, strives to inspire purpose and passion, to empower and cultivate great minds in children, youth and teachers to improve educational outcomes in New York and developing countries.Background of Our Organisation
Minds Beyond Measure (MBM), is a nonprofit, newly established in 2019. It was birthed from the founder's traveling experiences and living abroad across Asia, and seeing a lack of educational resources and the lack of access to education in some very impoverished communities. The journey included training teachers, teaching children and youth, visiting rural schools with limited or no resources, experiencing children and youth who were hungry for small things, often taken for granted in the Western world, such as pencils and paper to write and books to read. This experience then evolved into a passion to serve the underserved, at risk and provide access to quality education for both teachers and students through pathways that inspire for life. This is when MBM was born.Role Overview
What if you could go to your place of employment with a renewed sense of purpose and direction, confident in the knowledge that the work you do contributes to a great cause? When you work with us in the voluntary role of Partnerships & Outreach, this could be your life.
MBM is looking for a volunteer to lead the strategy and execution of our partnerships and outreach to potential clients, including schools, community organisations and juvenile centers. We’re looking for someone who can help grow our footprint and turn MBM into a nationally recognized and sought after non-profit to deliver teacher coaching and professional development and mentorship programs to children and youth through our Creative Arts programs, in underserved communities.
This role is for someone who thrives in a competitive environment, forming business partnerships with influencers, has excellent communication skills and confidence, and can seamlessly vacillate between relationship building, being a creative force who sees opportunities, and can obtain contracts through leveraging data and promoting MBM’s evidence-based programs to align with the client’s goals and needs. You’ll define the roadmap and resources needed to hit our aggressive revenue goals, and be given the support to make it all happen. Most importantly, you will help us move toward our goal of inspiring and empowering students and teachers in underserved communities in New York and in the Philippines, and in turn, grow and improve your communication and leadership skills and organizational capabilities in this pivotal role.Job Duties and Tasks
The position entails six main tasks:
- Research and develop a client database of schools and community-based organisations who will be targeted to deliver our programs to
- Collaborate with senior leadership to prioritize school/community outreach activities to meet organizational goals, and assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to form partnerships
- Create an outreach strategy and communicative approach to present MBM’s program in a way that is natural and effective in reaching the targeted audience (through email and cold calls)
- Conduct weekly outreach across New York City to potential clients to form relationships and build school and community partnerships, to increase the likelihood of attaining large contracts.
- Assist with the planning and coordinating of meetings with clients for the CEO to present a pitch
- Regularly maintaining, tracking and updating database records of prospective clients
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8423 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Ashland PlaceBrooklyn, NY 11217
February 9, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK