RMHC - Monthly Book Club (September)
ORGANIZATION: RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES UPPER MIDWEST
Please visit the new page to apply.
We invite your group to host Book Club with the students at RMH-Oak Street. You'll read one-on-one or in small groups with the kids, and then join them for lunch and recess!
How many people can be in my group?
- Number of volunteers: 2
- Please ensure each individual is registered online at least one week before coming onsite
How does the pizza party work?
- Book Club volunteers are asked to sponsor the pizza party. They can order from their preferred place, or make a $250 financial donation here and RMH will care for placing an order.
- A recommended number of servings will be provided before your event date and currently can fall anywhere between 30-60 at this time. We recommend also ordering salad or other healthy side options. If your group cannot provide that or the restaurant does not have that option RMH will provide those sides.
Are there any age requirements?
- All individuals must be 14 years or older. Individuals age 14-17 must volunteer alongside an 18+ adult
- Fully vaccinated for covid-19 (boosters not required at this time)
- Vaccinated for the annual flu during flu season (typically November - April)
- Volunteers are asked to complete this online form to indicate they meet vaccination requirements. Please complete the form a minimum of 24 hours before your group's event.
- Individuals should be symptom free and healthy to volunteer, facemasks are required at this time as well.
- Please bring a driver's license with you. This will be scanned through Lobby Guard upon arrival for a quick criminal background check.
What is the time commitment?
- Book Club takes place from 11:00am-1:00pm
- 11:00-11:30 Check-in & Tour
- 11:30-12:00 Read with the kids
- 12:00-12:30 Pizza lunch
- 12:30-1:00 Recess
Do I need to prepare anything in advance?
No, RMH staff selects books based upon each child’s reading level and interests.
Where should I park?
- Volunteer groups are strongly encouraged to carpool and park in the Oak Street Ramp (1.5 blocks from the House) or at metered parking on Fulton Street.
- Limited free parking is available in our two on-site lots: the administrative lot located at 818 Fulton Street SE, Mpls, MN 55414 or on the backside of our facility at 620 Ontario Street SE, Mpls, MN 55414.
- Note: RMH-Oak Street is located adjacent to the University of Minnesota’s busy east bank campus, where parking can be a challenge, so we strongly encourage carpooling.
- Fri Sep 08, 2023 - 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
25 More opportunities with RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES UPPER MIDWEST
About RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES UPPER MIDWEST
818 FULTON ST SE, MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55414, US
We, in partnership with our community, provide a comfortable and caring home-away-from-home that supports keeping families together and reduces stress during a child’s serious illness.
Families that stay with Ronald McDonald House come from all over the world and have a child 19 years of age or younger who is facing a life-threatening illness or injury. We provide private overnight rooms with access to laundry, lounges, and kitchen and dining areas. Our Fresh FamFare meal program provides complimentary meals three times a day, seven days a week, while also keeping our 24-hour grab n’ go pantry and coffee bar stocked. Our family-focused programs allow all members of the family to experience fun and some normalcy while staying at their home-away-from-home.
818 Fulton Street SoutheastMinneapolis, MN 55414
February 8, 2023
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Fully Vaccinated for COVID-19 and this season's flu. Volunteers over the age of 18 must bring an ID or license to consent to a criminal background check.