RMHC - Birthday Party (August)
ORGANIZATION: RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES UPPER MIDWEST
Please visit the new page to apply.
Each month, a volunteer group hosts a birthday party at RMH-Oak Street to celebrate that month’s birthdays. It is a fun opportunity to see the house and celebrate with our families.
How do I sign up?
- Connect and reach out to Tony!
How many people can be in my group?
- Up to 4 volunteers
Are there any requirements?
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years old, and individuals between 14-17 years old must be supervised by an adult.
- Fully vaccinated for covid-19 (boosters not required at this time). Proof of vaccination will be requested upon arrival. This can be a physical record or a photo/screenshot on your phone.
- Vaccinated for the annual flu during flu season (typically November - April)
- Volunteers are asked to complete this online form to indicate they meet vaccination requirements. Please complete the form a minimum of 24 hours before your group's event.
- Symptom free and healthy to volunteer, facemasks are required at this time as well
- Please bring a driver's license with you. This will be scanned through Lobby Guard upon arrival for a quick criminal background check
What is the time commitment?
- Birthday parties take place from 5pm-6pm during dinner on the first Thursday of every month. Arrive as early as 4pm to set-up for the festivities. Expect to stay until 6:30pm for cleanup.
What should we do to prepare?
- Plan 2-5 fun, kid-friendly activities and provide cake (or alternate dessert), candles, beverages, and decorations. Activities will take place in/near the dining area and should be submitted a few days beforehand for approval to Tony at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Desserts cannot be homemade. They should be in original packaging from a grocery store or bakery. If you would like to make your own dessert, you may do so here onsite at the House. Please make arrangements with Tony to come in early and use one of the kitchens here onsite.
- We will provide you with recommended number of servings before your chosen date. Depending on the current House census, it could be 20-80.
- Thu Aug 10, 2023 - 04:00 PM to 07:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
24 More opportunities with RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES UPPER MIDWEST
About RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES UPPER MIDWEST
818 FULTON ST SE, MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55414, US
We, in partnership with our community, provide a comfortable and caring home-away-from-home that supports keeping families together and reduces stress during a child’s serious illness.
Families that stay with Ronald McDonald House come from all over the world and have a child 19 years of age or younger who is facing a life-threatening illness or injury. We provide private overnight rooms with access to laundry, lounges, and kitchen and dining areas. Our Fresh FamFare meal program provides complimentary meals three times a day, seven days a week, while also keeping our 24-hour grab n’ go pantry and coffee bar stocked. Our family-focused programs allow all members of the family to experience fun and some normalcy while staying at their home-away-from-home.
818 Fulton Street SoutheastMinneapolis, MN 55414
February 8, 2023
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Birthday parties take place from 5pm-6pm during dinner on the first Thursday of every month. Arrive as early as 4pm to set-up for the festivities. Expect to stay until 6:30pm for cleanup
- All volunteers must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and this season's flu. Volunteers over the age of 18 must bring an ID or driver's license with them to complete a criminal background check.