Missoula Area - Games Data Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: Special Olympics Montana
Please visit the new page to apply.
Are you detailed orientated and enjoy sports competitions? Join Special Olympics Montana as the Games Data Coordinator!
Primary Purpose: The Games Data Coordinator supports the work of the Area Management Team (AMT) and ensures that all local sporting events offer quality and fair competition to all participating athletes. The Game Data Coordinator works alongside the Sports & Competition Coordinator and other Area Games committee members to manage the registration and divisioning process for all local competitions using Special Olympics Montana’s Games Management System or GMS.
- Software Training: Working with Special Olympics Montana’s Sports Department staff, complete all necessary Games Management System (GMS) training prior to the start of each local competition.
- Area Games Registration: In collaboration with the Sports & Competition Director, create the registration packet to distribute to all Local Program Coordinators as least one month prior to all local competition events.
- Area GMS Set-Up: Create Area Games competition events and participants in GMS.
- Divisioning: Develop event "heats" or "divisions" using Special Olympics Divisioning Guidelines and prepare printed "heat sheets" for the Sports & Competition Coordinator, all Area Games Venue Directors, and create electronic copies to share with all Local Program Coordinators.
- Communication: Communicate with Local Program Coordinators to manage all team registrations ensuring all participating athletes have updated paperwork on file with Special Olympics Montana and that scratches are recorded accurately.
- Timely Reporting: Enter all final scores and times for each participating athlete into GMS at the conclusion of local competitions and submit an electronic report to Special Olympics Montana’s Sports Department staff.
- Meetings: Attend monthly AMT meetings as well as all Area Games committee meetings as needed.
- Hours fluctuate during the sports seasons. Training and resources are available too.
Join us today and contact Lindsey Campbell for more information at email@example.com.
64 More opportunities with Special Olympics Montana4 Reviews
About Special Olympics Montana
710 1st Ave N, Great Falls, MT 59401, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes, and the community.
Special Olympics Montana is a nonprofit organization designed to provide year-round, statewide programs of physical fitness, sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities and closely related developmental disabilities.
Learn more at www.somt.org.
Five Valleys Area Special OlympicsMissoula, MT 59801
February 7, 2023
- Sports Coaching
- Data Entry
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Special Needs
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- It is very flexible.
- Class A volunteers are required to get a background check.