DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
ORGANIZATION: DARKNESS RISING PROJECT INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
We're looking for an Events Intern who is passionate about Black mental health and wants to create positive change. The Events Intern will work under the supervision of the Community Engagement Coordinator and Executive Director.
START DATE: As soon as possible, February 2023
SCHEDULE: 10 hours weekly, flexible schedule
DURATION: Until June 2023 with the
possibility of an extension
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Contractor, Part-time
PAY: $400 Monthly Stipend + College Credit
LOCATION: Mostly remote with some in-person tasks, Raleigh/Durham, NC.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Assist Community Engagement Coordinator in planning community outreach events
- Assisting in-person at Darkness RISING Project Events
- Assist in creating programs and materials
- Respond to email and phone inquiries
- Create a safe and supportive environment
- Meet and engage with potential partners in mental health and the arts
- Assist in creating and planning monthly programming for our ongoing resources: Wellness Wednesday
- Assist with Darkness RISING Project: Live event planning, meetings, coordination
- Search for opportunities for DR to engage with the community in NC
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Short and long-term project management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to use online marketing communications tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, grammar, and caption writing skills
- Rock-solid technical skills.
- Experience with Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Calendar). Especially seeking candidates with experience with Later, Notion or similar task management software.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed and are driven by a desire to make a difference.
- Resourceful. You are self-motivated, love reading and learning about new ways of doing things.
- Flexible. Openness to a different and new way of doing things.
- Humble. You understand that no task is too big or too small and are willing to roll up your sleeves and offer an extra pair of hands.
- Eternal Optimist. You are a solution-seeker.
- Thorough: You ensure that your work is as complete and as accurate as possible, and that your commitments have been fulfilled.
- Collaborative: You enjoy developing, maintaining and strengthening partnerships with others inside or outside of the organization to provide information, assistance and support
- Invested: You have a deep interest in Black mental health and serving the Black community
WHY YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING AT DARKNESS RISING:
- Community: We love our people and our incredible community keeps us going.
- Good music: We get to hang out with Broadway stars!
- It's flexible: We’re happy to work with your schedule.
- Skills: There are many opportunities to learn and hone a variety of skills.
- We are making the world better for the Black community.
- Amazing people: We get to work with amazing people who are working each day to make the world better for our community.
- Consistent high-speed internet connection
- Cell phone
GET TO KNOW US:
Darkness RISING Project is a 501(c)3 nonprofit which provides direct mental health resources and helps those in the Black community have conversations about their mental health and emotional well-being. We accomplish this by partnering with mental health providers, mental health educators, and Black performers from the Broadway community to create events, seminars, and direct resources where the intersection between mental health education and the arts collide.
We believe in:
- Actively affirming the Black community, the LGBTQIA community, and intersecting, marginalized communities
- Providing access to underutilized mental health resources
- Respecting relationships with sponsors, partners, and community members
- Acting with integrity in all circumstances
- Using innovation and creativity to enhance our resources
- Recognizing the value that each individual contributes to our overall goal
CONDITIONS: All work is subject to approval by the Executive Director, Community Engagement Coordinator, and/or Operations Director. This job description is subject to change by the employer as the organizational needs and requirements of the job change.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Most work will be performed indoors in a home/school office. Work may be conducted occasionally in other indoor locations, such as a meeting or event spaces, or in outdoor venues for special events.
- Work requires frequent written communication with partners and/or community members.
- Most work requires frequent sitting and frequent operation of a computer and other office equipment. Light and/or heavy lifting, some standing, walking, carrying, and stooping will be required during events.
- If based in RDU or NYC, this position may request you to attend events by our partners, funders, and sponsors - funded by the organization.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT:
Darkness RISING values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture - women, Black, Indigenous and other people of color, individuals with disabilities, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, age, creed, religion, physical ability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, previous incarceration, languages spoken, socioeconomic status, veteran status, union membership or activism, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.
Note: Research shows that while men apply for positions when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women, Black people, people of color and other historically underrepresented groups only apply when they check every box. If you feel like this is the position for you even though you don’t check every box please apply, you could be exactly what we’re looking for!
2 More opportunities with DARKNESS RISING PROJECT INC
About DARKNESS RISING PROJECT INC
226 East Martin Street, Raleigh, NC 27601, US
Darkness RISING Project Nonprofit aims to: -Improve the health and wellness of the Black community -Raise awareness about mental health in our community -Empower and engage our community via resources, events and services -Erase the negative stigma of mental health issues
Darkness RISING Project is a 501(c)3 nonprofit created to provide direct mental health resources and help those in the Black community have conversations with others about their mental health and emotional well-being. We accomplish this by partnering with mental health providers and/or mental health educators to create events, seminars, and direct resources where the intersection between mental health education and the arts collide.
Multiple locations Raleigh, NC 27607
February 6, 2023
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Administrative Support
- Event Planning / Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8 - 10 Hours Per Week