Waterville ME - Work with International Exchange Students
ORGANIZATION: Greenheart Exchange
Please visit the new page to apply.
Become a Local Coordinator today, change the world for tomorrow!
Local Coordinators (LCs) are Independent Contractors who place international exchange students with volunteer American host families and assist them throughout the year.
- Visit our website to start your application: www.placewithgreenheart.org
Greenheart is a 501c3 Non-Profit that connects people and planet through environmentalism, fair trade, social transformation and cross cultural understanding. At the heart of our organization are Local Coordinators! Local Coordinators (LCs) match foreign exchange high school students with volunteer American host families and assist them throughout the school year. If you’d like to learn more about being a Local Coordinator with Greenheart, apply to this posting and we’ll give you a call to answer your questions and discuss next steps to complete an application. What Greenheart Has To Offer
- Supportive Team Environment!! (We're people people!)
- Initial and Ongoing Training
- Travel Incentives! (International Conferences - recent conferences were in Greece, Spain, and Argentina!)
- Generous Monitoring and Placement $tipends
- Social Media Savvy
- Great at Networking
- Experienced in Mentoring Youth (a PLUS)
- Passionate about other cultures
- Have a desire to make a difference in their community/world, one student/host family at a time
- Recruit local families interested in hosting exchange students
- Assist families with the approval process (prior to student arrival)
- Partner with local schools to ensure exchange student placements are accepted (must be accredited school)
- Host Pre-arrival Orientations with host families
- Host Student Orientations with students
- Coordinate Volunteer Activities
- Monitor Students throughout the school year (contact via phone/email/in-person)
- LCs have the opportunity for domestic and international travel to annual conferences
- Be a Mentor/Friend to some of the greatest kids you'll ever meet
- Home/Office - Internet Access
- Must Pass a Background Check
- Must Pass DOS Test (Greenheart provides support/training)
- Must be OVER 26 years of age
- Must live in the United States
Established in 1985, Greenheart Exchange, is a non-profit international education exchange organization dedicated to the promotion of cultural understanding, academic development, environmental consciousness and world peace. Based in Chicago, Illinois, Greenheart organizes high school exchange, short-term group homestay, intern and trainee, work & travel in the U.S. and study, teach, volunteer, and language programs in over 30 countries around the world. In 2004, CCI adopted Greenheart as its environmental and social initiative. Greenheart connects people and planet through environmentalism, fair trade, social transformation and cross cultural understanding. Greenheart has been endorsed by the Mayor of Chicago and the City Council for the promotion of international education, environmental awareness and citizen diplomacy.
164 More opportunities with Greenheart Exchange
About Greenheart Exchange
742 LaSalle Drive, c/o Tara Jasinski, Regional Director, Chicago, IL 60654, US
Mission and Vision: Since 1985, Greenheart International has been a catalyst for global transformation through the facilitation of cultural exchange programs, eco-fair trade purchasing, personal development opportunities, volunteer service initiatives, and environmental advocacy projects. Our mission of connecting people and planet to create global leaders drives all that we do in each of our branches: Greenheart Travel, Greenheart Shop, Greenheart Transforms, and Greenheart Exchange. Greenheart International is endorsed by the City of Chicago for the promotion of international education, environmental awareness, and citizen diplomacy. With an ardent commitment to sustainable practices, a steadfast dedication to expanding worldviews, and an abiding passion for planetary change, we are guided by our vision of a united and flourishing global family. Branches Greenheart's four branches focus on cultural exchange, fair trade and social transformation.
Greenheart Exchange is a division of the nonprofit, Greenheart International.
We are a designated sponsor of the U.S. Department of State for the following J-1 Exchange Visitor Programs:
- Secondary School (High School Program)
- Intern and Trainee
- Summer Work Travel
Greenheart Exchange is a branch of Greenheart International, a nonprofit that connects people and planet to create global leaders through personal development, volunteer service, environmentalism, fair trade, and cultural exchange.
Multiple locations Waterville, ME 04901
February 6, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Social Media / Blogging
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 26
- Orientation or Training
- Local Coordinators commit to supervision of students during academic year, year-round recruiting and promotion.