Spanish Interpreter: Volunteer with CMMB in Peru
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: CMMB
CMMB works closely with offices in Peru to deliver quality preventive and curative health services, especially for women and children. Between sites across Peru and our NYC office there is a language barrier, an interpreter would support in immediate translation during meetings between sites and offices, this increases communication and engagement and increases opportunity to grow and improve our services to communities in Peru.
The language interpreter will be in charge of supporting verbal and written exchanges between parties, as well as translating intricate terminology into complete statements with the same meaning. The interpreter will give interpretation services during various stages as well as document sight translations. You shall deliver correct concepts and explanations with no modifications or omissions, and in accordance with established interpretation protocol rules.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interpreting between a vast spectrum of persons with varying voices, dialects, speaking tempos, and personalities.
- Providing clear and correct translations of written documents and interpretations of spoken communication to parties.
- Interpreting questions, responses, declarations, arguments, explanations, and other types of spoken communication.
- Rendering sight translations of papers and other textual elements.
- Imparting speaker ideas, purpose, spirit, emotions, and tone from source language to target language.
- Interpreting with no additions or omissions.
- Completion of activity records and other paperwork.
- Following appropriate ethics and standards.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- Spanish and English fluency required
- Excellent verbal and written multilingual communication skills.
- Some familiarity with delivery of clinical or public health programs, or understanding of medical and technical terminology related to CMMB’s field of work.
- Computer proficiency is required.
- Knowledgeable with office equipment.
- Excellent listening, recall, and note-taking abilities.
- Enunciation and pronunciation are excellent, and the voice is pleasant and professional.
- Proficiency in cultural sensitivity and the capacity to cooperate with persons from various cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of professional and ethical standards
- Ability and willingness to provide and receive guidance to/from staff members
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office tools
CMMB - Healthier Lives Worldwide is an international, faith-based NGO providing long-term, co-operative, medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and unequal access to healthcare.
For over a century, we have worked to strengthen and support communities through healthcare programs and initiatives, the distribution of medicines and medical supplies, and the placement of volunteers.
CMMB’s Volunteer Program addresses the critical need for professionals in areas that lack sufficient resources for quality preventive and curative health services, especially for women and children. Our Volunteer Program has placed thousands of practitioners around the world to help develop and implement community health interventions, work at local hospitals and health facilities, conduct clinical training for host country counterparts, and deliver essential medicines and supplies. The ultimate goal of CMMB's Volunteer Program is to support our country teams and local healthcare workers by sending volunteers that are dedicated to strengthening local health systems and supporting a pattern of sustainable development.
CMMB in Peru:
Peru’s recent economic growth hides unjust social inequalities. Development has by‐passed the remote rural regions and chronic malnutrition among children is common. These factors are driven by food insecurities, poverty and inaccessibility to health services. CMMB Peru’s project activities are committed to further reducing malnutrition, anemia, and other determinants of maternal and child morbidity.
CMMB Peru health projects focus on improving the health and nutrition of women, children, and their communities in underserved and marginalized areas including: Distrito Macate, Provincia del Santa, Region Ancash; Distrito de Chilca, Provincia de Huancayo, Region Junín; and Distrito La Esperanza, Provincia de Trujillo, Region La Libertad.
Huancayo is the first site in CMMB’s global Children and Mothers Partnerships (CHAMPS) initiative. Existing community‐based programs designed to improve maternal and child health will form the basis for other CHAMPS activities. CHAMPS will expand on and diversify previous CMMB interventions in the area (to focus on integrated management of neonatal and child illnesses and prevention and screening for cervical cancer and diabetes), with greater coordination among local social actors, and as a result, it is expected that project activities will further reduce malnutrition, anemia, and other determinants of maternal and child morbidity and mortality in the area.
Learn more: https://cmmb.org/country-office/peru/
Program Director: Cecilia Izarra
Country Office Address: Calle Las Camelias Nº 855, Of. 101, San Isidro, Lima
Term: 6-12 Months (4 hours per week)
To Apply: Submit an application online at www.cmmb.org/volunteer
Contact: Email: email@example.com Phone: 212-242-7757
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8420 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
100 Wall Street9th FloorNew York, NY 10005
February 4, 2023