1 person is interested
Offer Friendly Companionship and Chore Support to a Senior caring for her Spouse in Federal Way
ORGANIZATION: Full Life Care
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
- How would you like to support a senior caregiver in Federal Way whose hope is to find care companionship for her spouse while she takes some time to "run to the store or grab a cup of coffee"?
- Would you be able to help this caregiver with light household tasks or engage the person they care for in a craft project, conversation, or game?
- Volunteer hours are flexible, but, typically after 10am (late morning, afternoon, or evening) on weekdays or weekends.
- Join this shared opportunity as you will be part of an engaging small team of caring volunteers in South King County area.
Consider applying to the Care Teams program today!
Learn more, and submit an Interest Form at https://www.fulllifecare.org/ways-to-give/volunteer/
Volunteer Care Teams provide caregivers an opportunity for much-needed respite and self-care by working together with other volunteer team members to provide social, emotional, and practical support, helping to alleviate social isolation and caregiver burnout.
No minimum experience needed; Training and ongoing support provided.
As one caregiver said of her Care Team: "I truly am grateful for our team. Their kindness and their readiness to provide meaningful interaction with my husband [the care recipient] has been greatly beneficial to me not feeling isolated and alone. This week your team allowed me to see people I had not seen since before the Pandemic. All of the team is warm friendly and compassionate."
About Full Life Care
4712 35th Ave. S, Seattle, WA 98118, US
Full Life Care is a non-profit working toward a future where adults with chronic and terminal illnesses or disabilities can be compassionately supported in their communities rather than living in isolation or having to resort to institutional care. Full Life Care is dedicated to enhancing individuals' quality of life, respecting their dignity, and providing for them with care and compassion.
Full Life Care services include adult day health, home care, volunteer companionship, and housing stabilization and support for clients in Washington state (King County and Snohomish County).
In Home VisitFederal Way, WA 98003
January 9, 2024
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Times are flexible and self-scheduled for long term visits (about 4 hours a month for a 3 month trial period; Total commitment of 1 year is encouraged)