Offer Friendly Companionship and Chore Support to a Senior Veteran in Renton
ORGANIZATION: Full Life Care
Please visit the new page to apply.
- Do you have a desire to support a senior veteran caregiver in Renton, whose hope is to find social and practical support?
- Would you be able to help this caregiver with light household tasks or an organizing project?
- Do you have Tuesday, Thursday, and/or Saturday afternoon availability?
- Are you willing to share this opportunity by being a part of a small team of caring volunteers in South King County area?
Consider applying to the Care Teams program today!
Volunteer Care Teams provide caregivers an opportunity for much-needed respite and self-care by working together with other volunteer team members to provide social, emotional, and practical support, helping to alleviate social isolation and caregiver burnout.
No minimum experience needed; Training and ongoing support provided.
Join as an individual or recruit a team: https://www.fulllifecare.org/services/care-teams/
As one caregiver said of her Care Team: "I truly am grateful for our team. Their kindness and their readiness to provide meaningful interaction with my husband [the care recipient] has been greatly beneficial to me not feeling isolated and alone. This week your team allowed me to see people I had not seen since before the Pandemic. All of the team is warm friendly and compassionate."
14 More opportunities with Full Life Care6 Reviews
About Full Life Care
4712 35th Ave. S, Seattle, WA 98118, US
Full Life Care is a non-profit working toward a future where adults with chronic and terminal illnesses or disabilities can be compassionately supported in their communities rather than living in isolation or having to resort to institutional care. Full Life Care is dedicated to enhancing individuals' quality of life, respecting their dignity, and providing for them with care and compassion.
Full Life Care services include adult day health, home care, volunteer companionship, and housing stabilization for clients in Washington state (Snohomish County, King County, and Pierce County).
In Home VisitRenton, WA 98055
March 23, 2023
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Times are flexible and self-scheduled for regular monthly visits (about 4 hours/month for at least 1 year).
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required