Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: ASO
If you are looking for a volunteer opportunity that’s challenging and rewarding, this is the position for you! Join our team as the Executive Assistant to the Executive Director and use your skills to support the Executive Director in sharing ASO’s story of awareness, acceptance, inclusivity, empowerment and support for people with Autism/Asperger’s (ASD-Level1) and their families!
- Act as a primary point of contact for the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Volunteers
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage executives’ calendars and set up meetings
- Prepare weekly reports
- Attend regular meetings on behalf of the Executive Director and take minutes to report back to Executive Director
- Provide constructive feedback to Executive Director regarding the meeting updates
- Oversee all incoming and outgoing communications, including emails, phone calls, reports, and internal correspondence
- Conduct research and create reports on various topics based on the needs of the executive
- Keep important information and documents organized
- Maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Assist with miscellaneous special projects or duties as needed.
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role
- Excellent MS Office and/or Google Suite knowledge
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and to follow through on assignments;
- Office Administration certificate is an asset.
What you will gain from this role:
In addition to the pride in yourself and the heart-warming sense of knowing you have created a stellar newsletter, you will receive:
- Appreciation and acknowledgement of the talent, hours and energy that you volunteer;
- Invitations to ASO volunteer events;
- Tangible products to add to your portfolio;
- An opportunity to learn new skills, or use current ones;
- Letters of reference, upon request; and,
- All the support you need from ASO staff and the volunteer team!
Technology Capabilities Requirement: Remote access ability. You will be required to use your own computer/laptop and will be given access to an ASO Gmail account that you will use to conduct all ASO - related correspondence. You must be familiar with online web-conferencing tools (e.g., Google Meet).
Time commitment: about 5-10 hours weekly (fully remote)
Screening Requirements: Resume, Interview, Reference Check, Writing Sample
Duration: Ongoing for ideally a minimum of 6 month duration. A reference letter could be provided upon completion of a 6 month commitment.
The ASO is a small charity with a big heart! We don’t receive any government funding and rely on volunteers like YOU to carry out our mission. We operate virtually to direct our money to where it’s best used - providing help to those who need it! All of our services are offered FREE of charge.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8297 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
3219 Yonge StreetSuite 231Toronto, ON M4N 3S1Canada
February 3, 2023