American Red Cross: Blood Donor Ambassador in Frederick County, MD
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross, Central Maryland Chapter
The American Red Cross seeks compassionate volunteers to support community blood drives. Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood. They may be a patient battling cancer or Sickle-Cell, an accident or burn victim, heart surgery or organ transplant patient. The American Red Cross supplies 40 % of this country's blood supply. Blood Donor Ambassadors provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. They engage with the blood donor to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations.
Blood Donor Ambassadors:
- Greet donors and explain the donation process as necessary;
- Assist donor with sign-in, current and upcoming donor promotions as needed;
- Monitor and report any possible adverse post-donation physical reaction to the collection staff;
- Provide customer service in Hospitality Area and thank donors for their contribution.
- 1+ shifts of 4-6 hours per month for a minimum of 3 months;
- Hours available daytime and late afternoons Mondays- Fridays.
- Must be age 16+;
- Able to display professionalism and strong communications skills;
- Comfortable working in a diverse and inclusive environment;
- Able to regularly commit to schedule, arrive punctually;
- Comfortable with basic technology.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8474 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Frederick, MD 21215
February 3, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH