Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: WhoWhatWhy
Instructional Designer (Volunteer)
*Note: The following is an opportunity for flexible, part-time, volunteer work. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment. All positions are remote/ work-from-home.
Are you an Instructional Designer who is passionate about making a difference? Would you find it exciting to work with smart and talented individuals committed to producing great journalism in the public interest? Can you commit 10 hours a week to our mission, working remotely on your own schedule with our far-flung, diverse team?
WhoWhatWhy is seeking a Volunteer Instructional Designer, who has knowledge and experience creating engaging course content by applying Learning Theories and ID Models. You will be working with the leaders of the teams and assist them in identifying the target audience training needs. The goal is to facilitate the learners to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies for better performance of the Job.
WhoWhatWhy.org is a nonpartisan, agenda-free news organization. Not left-wing, not right-wing, not consensus-seeking, we report the truth, whatever it is. We approach each story with an open mind, boundless curiosity, and a willingness to dig deep beneath the surface -- and don’t back away in the face of pressure from powerful institutions and groupthink.
We are a nonprofit. We are not funded by a zillionaire. We do not accept corporate ads. As such, we seek skilled volunteers to fill out our growing organizational infrastructure.
Age does not matter. We have among us young students, vibrant retirees, and everything in between, from all walks of life.
- Pursue a deep understanding of the business needs and role(s) of the target audience in order to achieve the business goals.
- Support in training needs analysis and project scoping to deliver high impactful training.
- Communicate with the Business Leaders and SMEs at all levels of the organization to determine the learning needs and development of curriculum.
- Presenting the learning solution proposals to the management for their review and approvals.
- Develop advanced curricular materials, job aids, presentation, video, graphics.
- Conduct the evaluation of post instruction outcomes using the latest evaluation methodology. Provide recommendations using the key metrics for continuous improvement.
- Work closely with each stakeholder to expand Mentorship and Apprenticeship programs.
- 2-4 years of experience in professional Instructional Design and Learning Strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Education, Business or related field.
- Experience using Learning Management Systems.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Proficiency in computer software.
- Ability to maintain records, reports and correspondence.
- Channel your passion in a stimulating environment
- Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations in an up-and-coming organization
- Develop new skills and gain valuable experience that can enhance your professional trajectory
- Do amazing work on a flexible, part-time basis
- Have fun while you make a difference
You will be expected to attend your department’s recurring meetings. Beyond this, you will work on your own schedule. We ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months for at least 10 hours a week. Because our team is spread throughout the world, we rely on a combination of Slack, email, and conference calls, and expect everyone to be responsive in a timely manner.
We will not review applications that appear to be mass submissions. To apply, send your resume and a customized cover letter, making clear you are familiar with our mission and work.You should confirm your understanding that this is a volunteer position. If there is no option to attach a cover letter, please send a cover letter to email@example.com.
Please note that response emails from us sometimes end up in spam folders; don’t forget to check them. Thank you!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8447 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
PO Box 1103New York, NY 10276
February 3, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK