2 people are interested
Curriculum Support and Development
ORGANIZATION: WAAW Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Under the supervision of WAAW Program Manager, The curriculum development volunteer will help develop and implement innovative, challenging, and engaging Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math hands-on curricula; providing STEM training for individual and group tutoring and enrichment during the summer STEM teacher training Program; and participating in special events and extra-curricular activities.
- Designing course materials and other documents such as handouts, manuals, and exercises.
- Provide a hands-on based curriculum for campers to work towards growth within the STEM camp program.
- Develop and implement STEM lesson plans in alignment with camp.
- Provide feedback on a mobile app for teachers.
- Map out training plans, design and develop training programs
- Review and Update existing lesson plans, and assist in creating new ones
- Engage teachers and students in discussion and research relevant to the project at hand.
6 More opportunities with WAAW Foundation1 Review
About WAAW Foundation
21500 S. Central Expressway Suite 200, Mckinney TX, Murphy, TX 75070, US
To empower African female leaders through a globally relevant education in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) related fields.
WAAW Foundation - Working to Advance African Women is an international 501(c) organization dedicated to empowering African women through globally relevant education in STEM related fields.
Our overarching objective is to elevate the standards of STEM education in Africa, and eliminate the huge disparities between the number of females versus males entering STEM careers.
The more educated a girl is, the more likely she is to delay marriage, have a choice in who she marries, educate her children, maintain better
health and engage in community leadership. This is what Africa needs!
Our model is to identify African girls at an early stage, influence career choice, strengthen understanding of STEM subjects, provide support for global training, teach leadership, mentor and empower the girls to give back to their communities.
Our programs include scholarships, girls STEM camps, trainer of trainee workshops, and African Women of Vision conferences.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 2, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Content Management Systems
- Must be at least 25
- 10 hours per month