4 people are interested
AimHire - Front Desk Support
ORGANIZATION: Friendship Place
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Every Thursday from 10AM - 5PM AimHire is in need of a volunteer for general support ( administrative/reception). Volunteering for a 3 or 4 hour shift is a possibility. The responsibilities of the position include everything you might associate with admin support roles for example:
- Answer and direct phone calls in a polite and friendly manner
- Welcome visitors in a warm and friendly manner, and answer any questions visitors have
- Maintain reception area and all common areas in a clean and tidy manner at all times
- Operate standard office equipment on a regular basis, including a desk telephone, copy machine, and a computer
- Receive deliveries; sort and distribute incoming mail
- Take inventory of supplies and restock as needed
There is no parking available other than street parking. Nearest Metro would be U Street/African-Amer Civil War Memorial/Cardozo.
- 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
4 More opportunities with Friendship Place1 Review
About Friendship Place
4713 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20016, US
Our mission is to empower people experiencing or at risk of homelessness to attain stable housing and to rebuild their lives. Our vision is a DC community and a nation in which every person has a place to call "home."
Friendship Place has a paid staff of more than 100 and serves throughout the DC Metro region, with successful, award-winning programs that have a lasting impact on the lives of more than 2,900 people a year: street outreach, drop-in, free medical and psychiatric clinic, case management, transitional housing, permanent supportive housing, rapid rehousing, job placement, and specialized programs for veterans and their families. Because of our outstanding outcomes, our program models are studied by government and nonprofit entities all over the country wishing to replicate our success.
Nonetheless, Friendship Place-supported by 26 congregations and more than 300 volunteers a year-retains the feel of a small, caring, neighborhood organization. The most commonly repeated refrain we hear from the people who come to us for help is this: "At other agencies, I felt like a number. At Friendship Place, I’m treated like a human being."
1436 U Street NorthwestSte 200AimHire - Friendship PlaceWashington, DC 20009
February 2, 2023
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The volunteer opportunity is for one 7 hour shift every Thursday. Working a 3 - 4 hour shift or the entire 7 hours is up to you!