Program Support Assistant
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The Fit and Food Connection
If you are interested in this volunteer position, please fill out our volunteer survey at https://www.fitandfoodconnection.org/volunteer
[Local/Virtual Position--can be done mostly online but requires some in-person activities]
We are looking for an organized, responsible Program Support Volunteer with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to coordinate and efficiently multi-task wellness related activities. Individual must be driven, with experience working with Microsoft Office applications, and committed to supporting our programming team where needed.
Specific duties include:
- Collaborates with Program Director and Coordinator on a variety of administrative tasks
- Updates attendance tracking and mailing list spreadsheets
- Works one-on-one with clients to ensure that they are properly registered and added to our data system
- Assists with the intake process for new partner referral programs for clients
- Supports with writing content for programming sections of the quarterly newsletter
- Reaches out to Fit and Food clients for testimonials
- Assists with maintenance of voicemail tracker spreadsheet for Food Access clients
- Files and organizes programming documents
- Creates invoices for partner programming events
- Reaches out to businesses for donation needs (food, fitness equipment, raffles, etc.)
- Updates and manages programming spreadsheets with up-to-date series information
- Conducts research to find new volunteer fitness instructors and dieticians
- Assists in finding, ordering, and delivering gifts for active volunteers
- Ensures organization and efficiency on systematic tasks across all programming
- Supports as a Program Ambassador when spots are not filled by the team
- Assists with sign-in and provides flyers and sanitation products at events
- Assists the instructor with set up and clean up
- Shares programming reminders and answers any questions that participants may have about Fit and Food
- Attends tabling events to represent The Fit and Food Connection and to make connections with community members
The Fit and Food Connection is a non-profit organization serving our neighbors in the St. Louis community. We provide wellness offerings to low-income families and empower our clients to get healthy through our free fitness and nutrition programs. To find out more about our organization, please visit fitandfoodconnection.org.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8201 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
St. Louis, MO 63136
February 2, 2023