Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: STEM Montessori Academy of Canada
Are you a Human Resources student or recent graduate? We are in search of a motivated, Volunteer HR Coordinator to join our team.
The Stem Montessori Academy of Canada is a federally registered not for profit regional science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) program open to all students with the mission to deliver top-notch STEM literacy and application. The STEM program educates students from preschool to high school and is available to all children nationwide. SMAC specializes in an advanced, bar-none STEM-based educational curriculum that emphasizes the interconnected subject areas of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
Our successful volunteers have these characteristics:
- Self-directed and motivated learner
- Research answers and questions independently, but know when to ask for assistance
- Shows initiative within competence limits and seeks means to fulfil areas for improvement
- Flexible, confident and respectful to others
- Passion for education
- Enthusiastic and exemplifies a good work ethic - dedicated and committed
- Great at planning, organization, leadership and teamwork and time management
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks and issuing contracts.
- Assist with performance management procedures.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Assist with payroll and ad-hoc HR projects.
- Support other assigned functions.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in HRM or related field would be preferred
- 6+ months experience in an office setting or in an admin position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fantastic time management and organizational skills
- Able to attend occasional Zoom meetings
What’s in it for you?
- Job reference letter
- Volunteer hours certificate
- Ability to make a difference in the lives of others
- Flexible involvement
- Remote opportunity
We are strongly committed to equity and diversity within our community. We welcome and encourage applications from all religious backgrounds, persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and others who can contribute to the diversification of our community.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8296 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
24 Alexander StreetBrampton, ON L6V 1H6Canada
February 2, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK