Foster Placement Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
Description: Foster Placement Coordinators serve the incredibly important role of placing incoming animals into foster homes. You will help ensure each animal has a loving, temporary home prior to its arrival. This is a critical position that will require consistent effort and excellent communication. In return, you will experience the incredibly rewarding experience of personally helping to save the lives of over a thousand animals in need.
- Reports To: Foster and Adoption Manager.
- Location and Schedule: Remote work. Days/hours vary based on the number of animals in care.
- Time Commitment: Approximately 5-10 hours per/wk. We request a minimum of 3 months in this role.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of each available foster parent, their preferences, experience, expertise, and limitations.
- Match incoming animals with the most appropriate available foster.
- Reach out to each foster individually.
- Gain commitment from fosters that they will pick up their animal at transport.
- Work with the Intake and Medical Manager to acquire the medical history of incoming animals.
- Update and maintain the foster database with appropriate placement information.
- Work closely with the Adoption and Foster Manager, volunteer Coordinator, and peers.
- Respond to all emails, Facebook posts and Slack messages relating to foster placement
- Post an intake album on our private FB group page
- Work with the returns coordinator for any pet that is being returned to the rescue.
- Evaluate the foster placement process and make suggestions for improvements.
Qualifications: Are you?
- A positive and professional teammate?
- An animal lover, committed to saving the lives of animals in need?
- An equally good people-person?
- An excellent communicator?
- Cool under pressure, able to calmly navigate high pressure situations?
- Able to engage in discussions with others about commitments.
- Extremely organized?
- Willing to gain a deep understanding of the fostering process?
- Willing to maintain open, honest, and frequent communications.
- Familiar with Google Sheets, Slack, and/or other administrative and data entry systems?
- Have access to a phone, computer, and internet access?
If this sounds like you, please help Louie’s Legacy achieve our Vision to help rescue more animals, more efficiently, by working in a positive, professional and collaborative way with our community.
Important note - Must be over 18 years old to volunteer. All Louie’s Legacy volunteers with access to internal communications, financial information, or personally identifying information must also:
- Commit to demonstrating the values outlined in our Organizational Cultural Agreement.
- Sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to maintain a safe and responsible relationship with our volunteers, donors, fosters, and adopters.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8474 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Cincinnati, OH 45247
February 1, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK