Hospice Volunteer Opportunity!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Suncrest Hospice
Volunteering for Suncrest Hospice allows for a compassionate connection with someone nearing end of life. A volunteer is an important element in someone's final journey and makes an incredible difference. Suncrest offers an array of volunteer opportunities to enrich the lives of people we care for. We have many opportunities available throughout the Chicagoland area!
- Companionship Volunteers - Provide emotional support to patients by spending quality time with them at a nursing home, assisted living facility, patient's home, or virtually
- Pet Visit Volunteers - Visit patients with your well-mannered pet and bring smiles and joy to their life
- Music Volunteers - Do you sing or play instruments? Play music for patients to enrich their lives
- Letter/Card Writing Volunteers - Write cards to patients to brighten up their day. This opportunity allows you to volunteer from home!
- Veteran Program - As part of the "We Honor Veterans" partnership, military veterans volunteer to visit patients who are also veterans and share a meaning bond and shared experiences.
- Administrative volunteers - Come into our office to help with office tasks such as filing or making check-in calls to families
Many more opportunities are available and can be tailored to your skills!
18+ years of age, valid driver's license, and car insurance. Background check, TB test, drug screening, fingerprint scan, and some education and training are required.
Volunteering with us is a great way to obtain volunteer hours for school, update your resume, or give back to your community!
Learn more and fill out an application at https://www.suncrestcare.com/volunteering/
Questions? Feel free to reach out to our Volunteer Coordinator, Lindsay Stock at firstname.lastname@example.org
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8297 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Wheaton, IL 94538
January 31, 2023