Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Sostento
Sostento is seeking a dynamic Board Chair to lead its Board of Directors in connecting Sostento with potential partners, supporters, and donors, and to lead the Board in providing strategic governance and leadership to the organization.
While day-to-day operations are led by Sostento’s Founder/CEO and senior management team, the Chair-CEO relationship is a partnership with open and frequent communication. As such, both the Chair and the CEO will support, consult, and complement each other in pursuit of advancing Sostento’s mission.
This is an extraordinary volunteer opportunity for an individual who has a desire to contribute their skills and expertise to our important mission of increasing equitable access to lifesaving healthcare service.
In addition to the fundamental legal duties as an individual board member (duty of care, duty of loyalty, duty of obedience), the Chair’s responsibilities and contributions will include:
Leadership, Governance, and Oversight
- Serve as trusted advisor to the Founder and CEO as he develops and implements Sostento’s strategic plan
- Develop and manage relationships with funders, partners, and other stakeholders
- As a board member, approve Sostento’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; remain informed of and meet all legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Review outcomes and metrics created by Sostento for evaluating its impact, and regularly measure its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
- Coordinate the annual performance evaluation of the Founder and CEO
- Assist the CEO and board committees in recruiting board members
- Facilitate effective and productive board meetings by creating purposeful agendas in collaboration with the CEO and engaging board members in deliberations
- Set goals and objectives for the board and ensure that they are met; serve as the contact point for board members on board issues
- Ensure that all board members are involved in committee activities; assign committee chairs
- Involve the board in leadership succession planning to create a pool of leadership candidates and to cultivate new board member nominations at times of board elections
- Assist chief executive in conducting new board member orientations
- Act as an ambassador for the organization
- In collaboration with the CEO, generate substantial annual revenue and foster Sostento’s overall financial health
- Ensure full participation of Sostento’s board members in making an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity
- Identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major individual donors, corporate, and/or foundation gifts
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Sostento’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Ideal candidates will have one or more of the following qualifications:
- Extensive nonprofit executive leadership experience, preferably in the field of public health or frontline healthcare.
- Demonstrated success as a nonprofit board member or board chair
- A commitment to and understanding of Sostento’s mission, preferably rooted in experience
- A commitment to making Sostento a philanthropic priority and making annual gifts to support the organization at a level that sets a standard for others
- Affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Track record of building credibility in the funding community that has resulted in major gifts to a nonprofit
Interested candidates should contact Alexisa Easington: firstname.lastname@example.org with a CC to Katherine Solis: email@example.com.
We design and deploy tools, services, and resources that allow frontline healthcare workers to save more lives. We deliver this support to charitable and nonprofit health care providers through collaborative networks we build. Through evaluation and data collection, we identify unique solutions that work in one place, and look to adapt and spread them through our networks.
ABOUT OUR TEAM OF EMPLOYEES
We are an all-remote team of doers that include designers, technologists, public health experts, and more. Our culture is centered on the Sostento Standard which is a commitment to excellence in everything we do. Sostento values and celebrates the range of diversity, culture, and unique differences in the communities we serve.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8423 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
9 Portland PlaceMontclair, NJ 07042
January 31, 2023