Board Treasurer, Bridging Voices
ORGANIZATION: BRIDGING VOICES
Please visit the new page to apply.
Join us! Bridging Voices, a Portland, Oregon nonprofit 501(c)3 serving LGBTQ+ youth is currently seeking a Treasurer for our working Board of Directors. The Treasurer retrieves and manages organizational mail (weekly), receives financial reports developed by the Financial Director and presents them to the Board (monthly), and develops the organizational budget (annually). This position is on the Executive Team and will begin in June 2023.
In addition to financial/budgeting interest/experience we seek a Treasurer with any and all of the following characteristics:
- LGBTQ+ and allied individuals
- Familiarity with the Portland, Oregon queer/allied community
- Interest/experience in choral/music/performing arts
- Interest/experience serving youth
- Interest/experience serving at-risk populations
- Interest/experience with nonprofit board work
- Time availability to participate in a working board
Please be in touch if you have relavent skills and would like to help us in our mission to provide a safe, accessible place for LGBTQ+ and allied youth to experience empowerment and unity through music.
1 More opportunity with BRIDGING VOICES
About BRIDGING VOICES
PO BOX 86033, PORTLAND, OR 97286, US
Bridging Voices (The Portland GSA Youth Chorus) is a youth chorus for LGBTQ+ and allied youth, ages 13-21, and strives to be a safe, accessible place for youth to experience empowerment and unity through music. Our mission is to break down the foundations of homophobia and transphobia through visibility. Within these walls, the things that make us different are celebrated and encouraged, not hidden or criticized. Bridging Voices is a non-audition chorus, meaning everyone is able to participate.
Bridging Voices is a non-audition chorus.
PO Box 8ox 86033Portland, OR 97219
March 15, 2023
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a week plus 1 monthly Board of Directors meeting 1.5 hours. Some additional hours needed during June to develop the budget for the coming year.