Virtual Coaching Session
Please visit the new page to apply.
Coaching Sessions provide an opportunity to engage NPower trainees in the process of professional development while providing them with additional confidence to support them in our program. Coaching Sessions provide a relaxed environment for trainees to gain valuable advice from seasoned professionals.
At the time of the event, trainees will be amidst their online technical training. A small group of 2-3 NPower trainees are matched with a volunteer to discuss career concerns and gain valuable insight from seasoned tech professionals that have successfully navigated the corporate environment.
- Thu Mar 30, 2023 - afternoon / 02:30 PM to 04:30 PM - FULL
- Thu Mar 30, 2023 - 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM - Spots available: 1
- Wed Mar 29, 2023 - afternoon / 02:30 PM to 04:45 PM - Spots available: 2
- Wed Mar 29, 2023 - 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM - Spots available: 1
- Thu Mar 16, 2023 - 03:30 PM to 05:30 PM - FULL
- Thu Mar 16, 2023 - 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM - Spots available: 2
- Wed Mar 15, 2023 - afternoon / 02:30 PM to 04:30 PM - Spots available: 2
- Wed Mar 15, 2023 - 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM - FULL
- Thu Mar 09, 2023 - 03:30 PM to 05:30 PM - FULL
- Thu Mar 09, 2023 - 12:00 PM to 02:00 PM - Spots available: 1
- Wed Mar 08, 2023 - 05:30 PM to 07:30 PM - FULL
- Wed Mar 08, 2023 - 12:30 PM to 02:30 PM - FULL
More opportunities with Npower1 Review
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
55 Washington St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
NPower creates pathways to economic prosperity by launching digital careers for military veterans and young adults from underserved communities.
We focus on two populations that experience barriers to employment - low-income veterans and young adults (ages 18-26) - and give them the support, skills, and industry-recognized certification needed to fill in-demand tech jobs. We offer our program free of charge to those who need us most - men and women earning less than 200% of the federal poverty level - and they primarily come from racial and socioeconomic backgrounds underrepresented in the tech industry. Our work addresses some of the biggest challenges of our times: racial inequities in access to education and opportunity, rampant unemployment, and lack of diversity in the tech workforce.
Founded in 2000, NPower has grown to operate in seven markets across the country: New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Texas, and California. Here in the Bay Area, we have offices in San Francisco and San Jose. The majority of our staff and many of our students also reside in the East Bay.
We have great backers and supporters including the US Department of Labor, Accenture, Google, Citi Foundation, Craig Newmark Philanthropies, and the Harry and Jeannette Weinberg Foundation. Still, to serve the Bay Area, there are still unmet needs. We sincerely hope you will consider joining us.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 30, 2023
- Software Engineering
- IT Strategy
- IT Management
- Database Administration
- Security / Network Administration
- Orientation or Training
- 2 Hours