DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Social Media & Design Internship
ORGANIZATION: RAISING SPARKS INTERFAITH MINISTRY
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Please review this info sheet before anything else! It contains comprehensive information about both the internship & Raising Sparks as an organization: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J8RZpMIOTGkVY2P6g0AOpQRKi93CFQtS63Ynm4L8D0Y/edit?usp=sharing
Raising Sparks is seeking interns to help us create and establish our social media presence from the ground up (seriously-we haven’t begun posting anywhere yet, outside of a community Facebook group!). By working with a small human services organization that just recently began expanding our scope and services, you will have the opportunity to take the lead on a number of social media and design projects and initiatives. Rather than performing grunt work or busy tasks, you will be an integral part of developing, implementing, and optimizing our social media marketing strategy, materials, and best practices.
We are searching for interns who can help us take our online presence to the next level. This is a proactive internship where you will directly engage in the social media, communications, and development priorities of Raising Sparks. You will work closely with and receive assignments from the Director of Development and/or Director of Community Arts & Creative Engagement, attend high-level meetings with organization staff and sponsors, and will walk away from this internship with project samples you can use for your future.
This position will be an excellent fit for anyone interested in pursuing careers or volunteer work in social media, marketing, or graphic design in a human services / community arts or nonprofit setting, as well as learning the ins-and-outs of grassroots nonprofit organizing.
- Assist in growing Raising Sparks’ presence on social media outlets such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok;
- Help to develop and implement a weekly and monthly digital content calendar for Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn;
- Assist in creating short-form and long-form video, as well as photo, testimonials detailing and respectfully communicating our Friends’ lived experiences;
- Research effective strategies for each social media platform;
- Assist in maintaining Raising Sparks’ photo and video library;
- Support the Social Media Team in developing graphical elements to illustrate stories and results;
- Support Team with social media campaign development and planning where needed;
- Only if interested in in-person activities, assist with the photography/videography of events.
- Understanding of best practices for using social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Tiktok
- Basic understanding of SEO/Google Analytics
- Proficiency with Canva and Google Suite
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Photography and editing skills a plus
- Video editing skills a huge plus!
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to ask questions!
- Commitment to values, mission, and vision statement
- Explore your creative interests and talents with a variety of social media/design tasks in an environment that highly respects your autonomy and vision as a creative professional
- Transferable social media, design, and marketing skills applicable to future employment opportunities
- Create successful project samples you can use for your future work
- Training and guidance on sector-specific social media practices for nonprofit organizations
- Flexibility and fairness with titling that best reflects your skillset and professional interests
- For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
Fill out this Google Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfsMK8tcC0pT9dh_lWVAhxvuNE6OG8dWpzdanxyhVzFyYDSSA/viewform). If you would like to send us any work samples or your portfolio (not required), please email them to Katie at email@example.com with the subject line, "Social Media Internship Work Samples," and include your name in the body of your email.
3 More opportunities with RAISING SPARKS INTERFAITH MINISTRY
About RAISING SPARKS INTERFAITH MINISTRY
46 TINGLEY STREET B, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94112, US
Raising Sparks Interfaith Ministry is a progressive, radically inclusive street outreach ministry based in harm reduction principles, expressive arts, trauma-informed engagement, and interfaith spiritual practices. We offer communal meals, needed supplies, recovery support, friendship, spiritual care, compassion and community to our unhoused Friends and SRO hotel communities in the Tenderloin, SOMA, and beyond.
In 2018, having witnessed many obstacles to healing in existing systems, two people with over three decades of combined experience working in San Francisco mental health services, Reverend Ann Marie Coletta and Greg Aherne, decided to try something new: taking to the streets to address the underlying emotional and spiritual needs of communities experiencing homelessness in the Tenderloin & South of Market, in order for them to better engage in existing city services and programs. Raising Sparks was created out of the belief that offering radical acceptance and supportive, loving community allows people living in trauma and hardship to build the self-esteem necessary to seek and accept needed care.
Our programs (offerings) include our PB&J Ministry, which takes to the streets to distribute peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, other meals, and hygiene and harm reduction supplies, such as Narcan, as well as host outdoor meal events in alleyways; our Interfaith Street Chaplaincy, which provides one-on-one spiritual care and harm reduction and recovery support; and our Community Arts program, which aims to support and platform the artists within our unhoused and marginally housed communities.
We envision a city that honors every human being as sacred, in which people who are experiencing homelessness, addiction, and trauma are seen, heard, loved, and respected as whole and priceless beings.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 30, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Social Media / Blogging
- The Social Media & Design internship has a time commitment of about 10 hours per week!