Special Campaign Project Manager/ PWC Gives Giving Campaign Lead
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Pink Space Theory
Pink Space Theory offers Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM) programming to inspire and build STEAM skills for the next generation. It was created to help close the gender and race equity and equality gaps in the STEAM community. Pink Space Theory aims to engage, expose, and empower youth, especially girls, with STEAM learning experiences to prepare them for their future career paths and passions. Pink Space Theory energizes students through problem-based hands-on activities that stimulate critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity in the Washington DC Metro area.
Unique Volunteer Opportunity
Pink Space Theory is seeking an experienced project leader to manage and oversee giving campaigns & special projects to expand Pink Space Theory’s community outreach and fundraising efforts within the community.
The Project Manager, Campaign & Special Projects position is a unique opportunity for a mission and customer-driven individual to be part of a rapidly-growing, ambitious nonprofit team.
In this role, the individual will oversee the annual Prince William County (PWC) Gives Campaign. PWC Gives is a 24-hour on-line giving campaign sponsored by the Prince William County Community Foundation. Pink Space Theory is one of many nonprofit organizations competing and participating in this annual event in September.
I.Constituent Relation Management /Fundraising/Development
- Management of the overall campaign which includes managing pipelines, tracking prospects, planning strategy, communication, and project management.
- Identifying donor prospects by assessing prospect pool
- Planning and implementation of campaign events and calendars to promote and execute the campaign.
- Collaborates with internal Pink Space Theory Management to promote and market the campaign.
- Maintains accurate records and provides regular reports on goals in the fundraising plan.
- Manage all communications related to the fundraiser (e.g special social media, thank you, receipts, etc.)
II. Community Outreach and Education
- Identifies and attends relevant community events and meetings; participates in relevant councils and committees to increase organization’s awareness in the community and build relationships to increase campaign success.
- Develops a consistent outreach presentation and other marketing packets.
- Outreach to potential and current donors using email, phone, and other communication platforms.
- Schedules and presents outreach briefings in the community.
- Maintains relationships with collaborative partners and cultivates new ones.
III. Desired Outputs and Outcomes
- Identifies, leads, and executes end-to-end development and fundraising activities.
- Liaise with the internal and external constituents to form new partnerships and support existing ones.
- Identifies, coordinates and participates in outreach activities with external constituents (including, but not limited to local businesses, corporations, schools, and community organizations) to build community relationships.
- Passionate about increasing STEAM opportunities for disadvantaged students.
- Experienced in building relationships with the community stakeholders.
- Clearances (or ability to obtain) required (VA Criminal Record Check, FBI Fingerprints, and Child Abuse Record Check).
- Excellent verbal communication, presentation, writing, and public speaking skills required with a demonstrated ability to write effectively for business/philanthropic communication purposes.
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Canva, PowerPoint and donor management systems.
- Previous experience in development/fundraising.
- Experience with a donor management system (like Donorperfect products, GiveGab, Givebutter)
The role may require local travel. Travel and related expenses will be reimbursed.
This is currently a volunteer position. Depending on funding, this position could turn into a paid part-time independent contract position.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8331 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Woodbridge, VA 22193
January 30, 2023