Special Campaign Project Manager/ PWC Gives Giving Campaign Lead
ORGANIZATION: Pink Space Theory
Please visit the new page to apply.
Pink Space Theory offers Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM) programming to inspire and build STEAM skills for the next generation. It was created to help close the gender and race equity and equality gaps in the STEAM community. Pink Space Theory aims to engage, expose, and empower youth, especially girls, with STEAM learning experiences to prepare them for their future career paths and passions.
Pink Space Theory energizes students through problem-based hands-on activities that stimulate critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity in the Washington DC Metro area.
A Unique Opportunity:
Pink Space Theory is seeking an experienced project leader to manage and oversee giving campaigns & special projects to expand Pink Space Theory’s community outreach and fundraising efforts within the community.
The Project Manager, Campaign & Special Projects position is a unique opportunity for a mission and customer-driven individual to be part of a rapidly-growing, ambitious nonprofit team.
In this role, the individual will oversee the annual Prince William County (PWC) Gives Campaign. PWC Gives is a 24-hour on-line giving campaign sponsored by the Prince William County Community Foundation. Pink Space Theory is one of many nonprofit organizations competing and participating in this annual event in September.
- Constituent Relation Management /Fundraising/Development
- Management of the overall campaign which includes managing pipelines, tracking prospects, planning strategy, communication, and project management.
- Identifying donor prospects by assessing prospect pool
- Planning and implementation of campaign events and calendars to promote and execute the campaign.
- Collaborates with internal Pink Space Theory Management to promote and market the campaign.
- Maintains accurate records and provides regular reports on goals in the fundraising plan.
- Manage all communications related to the fundraiser (e.g special social media, thank you, receipts, etc.)
- Community Outreach and Education
- Identifies and attends relevant community events and meetings; participates in relevant councils and committees to increase organization’s awareness in the community and build relationships to increase campaign success.
- Develops a consistent outreach presentation and other marketing packets.
- Outreach to potential and current donors using email, phone, and other communication platforms.
- Schedules and presents outreach briefings in the community.
- Maintains relationships with collaborative partners and cultivates new ones.
III. Desired Outputs and Outcomes
- Identifies, leads, and executes end-to-end development and fundraising activities.
- Liaise with the internal and external constituents to form new partnerships and support existing ones.
- Identifies, coordinates and participates in outreach activities with external constituents (including, but not limited to local businesses, corporations, schools, and community organizations) to build community relationships.
- Passionate about increasing STEAM opportunities for disadvantaged students.
- Experienced in building relationships with the community stakeholders.
- Clearances (or ability to obtain) required (VA Criminal Record Check, FBI Fingerprints, and Child Abuse Record Check).
- Excellent verbal communication, presentation, writing, and public speaking skills required with a demonstrated ability to write effectively for business/philanthropic communication purposes.
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Canva, PowerPoint and donor management systems.
- Previous experience in development/fundraising.
- Experience with a donor management system (like Donorperfect products, GiveGab, Givebutter)
- Work Environment:
The work may require local travel. Travel and related expenses will be reimbursed. This is currently a volunteer position. Depending on funding, this position could turn into a paid part-time independent contract position.
2 More opportunities with Pink Space Theory
About Pink Space Theory
3360 Post Office Road, P.O. Box 14051, Woodbridge, VA 22193, US
To engage students through individualized, student-centered, and hands-on science, technology, engineering, arts, and math programs. To stimulate students’ passions and abilities to think critically, communicate freely, and work with others in collaborative and creative ways.
Pink Space Theory (PST) will integrate science, technology, engineering, the arts, and math (STEAM) into project-based learning challenges for K-8 students using a mobile makerspace ("mobile fab lab"). The team-based activities will include robotics, computer-aided, and tactile assisted design. This will be the first such program in Northern Virginia.
The goals of the program are to:
- Complement what students are learning academically,
- Introduce students to new ways to approach subjects to help them understand challenging concepts, and;
- Enhance technological literacy to enable students to effectively use technology to access, evaluate, integrate, create, and communicate information through STEAM activities
3360 Post Office RoadWoodbridge, VA, VA 22193
January 29, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Program Management
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training