Volunteer Program Leader/State Affairs-Georgia
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The Humane Society of The United States
The State Affairs department's volunteers support our state directors in their work to fight for all animals in their states. Greater volunteer involvement can expand each state director's reach into local communities and in the legislature.
We have an opportunity for volunteer program leaders (click to view expanded position description)to develop and lead the State Affairs volunteer program in Georgia by delivering orientations and training, recruiting volunteers, promoting volunteer opportunities and helping to engage volunteers more fully in the work we do.
Benefits of volunteering
Volunteers foster a deeper understanding of the animal protection issues in their state and are able to make a real difference for animals by helping to support the mission of the HSUS. Volunteers have the opportunity to strengthen various skills, gain knowledge of the HSUS and learn how the work of the State Affairs department fits into the larger picture of animal protection.
Becoming a volunteer
Requirements for our volunteers:
- Able to communicate with a variety of people effectively and without judgment or making negative remarks
- Able to work effectively on a team and independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Willing to learn more about volunteer management and how to effectively run a program
- Volunteers commit to work three to four hours per week for a minimum of six months.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- We do not accept any court ordered community service.
- Volunteers must live in the state of Georgia
- Please review the description and restrictions above to help determine if our volunteer opportunity is a good match. If you would like to proceed, please fill out the volunteer application (click Apply Now above).
- After review of your application, a staff member will contact you to discuss the opportunity. If we mutually determine that the opportunity appears to be a good match, you will be asked to fill out an authorization form allowing us to carry out a background check.
- Before becoming an official volunteer, you must pass the background check, sign a volunteer agreement, and sign a waiver/release of liability.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8423 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
700 Professional DriveGaithersburg, MD 20879
January 28, 2023