Volunteer with CMMB in South Sudan
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: CMMB
Contact & Application:
Apply Online at: https://cmmb.org/get-involved/volunteer/
Are you seeking a volunteer opportunity where you can make a huge difference to women, children and communities in South Sudan? CMMB is seeking professionals who are looking for the following positions to serve in community based healthcare programs to improve the health and well-being of the most vulnerable:
- MD- Surgeon, General Practitioner/Internal Medicine, Pediatrician, and OB-GYN:
- Function as a part of the care delivery team through efficient use of resources and skills to provide direct patient care of clinical patients for designated specialty. Provide an educational role to staff and community to build health system capacity.
- Nurse (RN or BSN), Nurse Practitioner:
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans and update medical history and progress notes. Provide mentorship and guidance to facility staff to build health system capacity.
- Perform essential sexual, reproductive, maternal and newborn health services to members of the community.
- Evaluate the medical condition of patients to determine the radiographic technique necessary to provide a diagnosis, as well as operate medical devices such as MRIs, CT scanners, X-ray, ultrasound and others.
- Provide counselings for mothers, children, and families and study the long term impacts of mental health interventions within communities. Experience of working in similar international site.
- Public Health Specialist:
- Expert level experience working in a public health capacity with ability to collaborate with health specialists and civic groups to determine community health needs and co-develop need-based goals and assist with the planning and implementation of projects.
- MNCH Expert:
- Design and implement educational health programs for communities focused on maternal and child health.
CMMB - Healthier Lives Worldwide is an international, faith-based NGO providing long-term, co-operative, medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and unequal access to healthcare. For over a century, we have worked to strengthen and support communities through healthcare programs and initiatives, the distribution of medicines and medical supplies, and the placement of volunteers.
CMMB’s Volunteer Program addresses the critical need for professionals in areas that lack sufficient resources for quality preventive and curative health services, especially for women and children. Our Volunteer Program has placed thousands of practitioners around the world to help develop and implement community health interventions, work at local hospitals and health facilities, conduct clinical training for host country counterparts, and deliver essential medicines and supplies. The ultimate goal of CMMB's Volunteer Program is to support our country teams and local healthcare workers by sending volunteers that are dedicated to strengthening local health systems and supporting a pattern of sustainable development.
CMMB in South Sudan:
CMMB has been working in the Republic of South Sudan, the world’s newest nation, since 2009. South Sudan has recently suffered from devastating civil conflict that has destroyed social services and health infrastructure. Compounding matters, conflict in countries bordering South Sudan has also spilled over into the country. CMMB currently works in Mvolo, Ezo, Yambio and Ibba counties in the greater Western Equatoria region.
CMMB’s CHAMPS areas in South Sudan serve the towns and surrounding areas of Ezo, Nzara, and Yambio. The initiative focuses on safe motherhood, child protection, safe water and sanitation, and women’s empowerment. CMMB provides HIV/AIDS care and treatment and community health workers conduct health information sessions, testing and adherence counseling. The CMMB team provides training and mentorship to local healthcare workers and water committees and manages the supply and distribution of medications and water purification tablets.
Country Offices: Nzara & Yambio, South Sudan
Learn More About Nzara: https://cmmb.org/champs-community/nzara-south-sudan/
Learn More About Yambio: https://cmmb.org/champs-community/yambio-south-sudan/
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Medical professionals must have licensures in good standing, minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to perform in resource-limited working conditions, adaptable
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally while navigating cultural and language barriers
- Ability to be flexible and prioritize projects and tasks effectively; self-starter; takes initiative
- Problem solver, able to identify needs, and develop solutions
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, strong communication skills
- Familiarity and interest in global health issues, especially maternal and child health
Benefits & Conditions:Each international volunteer who serves 6 months or longer in the field receives a round-trip ticket to their placement site, housing, a monthly stipend, insurance coverage, storytelling and fundraising training, and the opportunity to contribute to vital community development initiatives for under-served populations while building a longstanding legacy for the community. Volunteers are required to share stories from the field and cover part of the cost of their placement through fundraising ($5,000).
Contact & Application:
Apply online at: https://cmmb.org/get-involved/volunteer/
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8509 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Nzara, Western Equatoria 10005South Sudan
January 28, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME