7 people are interested
Extreme help needed at local Blood Drives!!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Illinois Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
This position supports the Regional Biomedical Services department (Your Local Area). This opportunity requires participation in in-person activities and/or performing work in a Red Cross facility.The purpose of the Blood Donor Ambassador is to provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Assist donors with re-hydrating after donation and observe for post-donation reactions. Express gratitude and ensure each blood donors are sincerely thanked for their donation. Responsibilities
- Support Red Cross staff by being helpful, flexible, and patient
- Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
- Manage donor flow and direct donors to Check-In
- Model excellent customer service behaviors.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
- Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best product for maximum impact (Right Type Mix)
- Check Post Donation Info and time
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas
- Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution.
- Check that donor has their post-donation information before leaving the drive
- Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff. Protect donors from injury during adverse reactions (if able without hurting self)
- May be asked to sanitize/disinfect donor areas and beds
- May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
- Encourage donors to download Donor App, use Rapid Pass
Visit www.redcross.org/volunteer to apply or contact Sasha.WelchMoore@redcross.org/(309)322-0566 for more details
About American Red Cross - Illinois Region
311 W John H Gwynn Jr Ave, Peoria, IL 61605, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Peoria, IL 61605
January 29, 2024
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1+ shift/month, average shift is 5-6 hours