DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
NHQ:ISD - DIV - LAC: Admin Support - Volunteer Business Operations Partner
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - National Headquarters
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) International Services (ISD) department. This is a 100% virtual (volunteer-from-home) opportunity.
American Red Cross volunteer leaders work to ensure the delivery of a variety of Red Cross programs and services to international communities. The Volunteer Partner to the Business Operations Lead provides administrative, communicational, operational, logistical, and reporting support for the Latin America and the Caribbean region. The partner acts as a counterpart and support to the Business Operations Lead and provides thought accountable, efficient support.
- Assists the Global Director (GD) in a variety of tasks including direct reports across the region, preparations of meetings, stakeholder visits and other related tasks
- Coordinates the administrative compliance of Admin focal points throughout the region in consultation with the NHQ Business building their capacity and ensuring proper procedures and tools are in place.
- Supports administrative and logistical processes of new personnel.
- Supports overseeing and developing, updating administrative procedures in line with NHQ procedures related to the office management, housing, vehicle, and related.
- Tracks and meets the deadlines and actions taken tasks as assigned by LAC Regional Director by managing and updating the activity trackers after key meetings such as weekly staff meeting, workshops, etc.
- Monitors and reports all the security incidents to Regional Director and NHQ Security Unit
- Ensures the Security briefing documents are shared before any travel and inform IFRC Security unit any deployment or issue related to security.
- Briefs or organizes briefings with the IFRC Security Unit in LAC for all visitors on the security situation in Panama.
- Communicates promptly as needed with staff on field related security issues Procurement Support:
- Ensures procedures are in place in line with the NHQ Minimum Requirements, to properly manage the office inventory and assets, delivery and return of equipment, handover/disposals
- Ensures equipment/assets is functioning and accessible as needed. Coordinates the management of regional office access keys
- Coordinates and support any IT related requests and management of the software/platforms on behalf of the American Red Cross.
- Reliable access to resources needed to volunteer 100% virtually
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership role working with diverse teams
- Familiarity with international work and supporting overseas locations
- Comfortable working with senior leadership team members in an advisory and collaborative matter
- Bachelor in Relevant Field (such as business administration, sociology, international relations, Spanish, etc.)
- Experience conduction Administration and Logistics duties
- Experience in completing multiple tasks and tracking activity progress
- Experience working with Red Cross Movement entity or other international humanitarian organizations.
- Fluent in computer literacy
- Willingness to comply with current public health and Red Cross policies
- Master’s degree in Relevant Field (such as business administration, sociology, international relations, Spanish, etc.)
- Proficient in reading, writing and speaking both English and Spanish
Length Of Appointment:
1 year, renewable
52 More opportunities with American Red Cross - National Headquarters
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 13, 2023
- Administrative Support
- Business Development
- Basic Computer Skills
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 15-25 hours per week, with 2 hours available each week during business hours.