ORGANIZATION: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GOLDEN RETRIEVER RESCUE
Please visit the new page to apply.
Role and Responsibilities
SCGRR is looking for a strong and unifying leader for its working board.
- General Manager and Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation
- Represent SCGRR and act in its name - subject only to its declared policies.
- Lead the Board: drive direction and goals (with the board), unify, lead by example, hold board members accountable for their responsibilities, reinforce board member and organizational accountability, provide coaching & motivation to other board members, ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and visibility to KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
- Participate as name and face at appropriate level both within and outside of SCGRR.
- Provide general oversight of the business, officers and operations.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility with CFO
- Ensure professional integrity of the organization.
- Extend invitations to and on-board new board members.
- Ex-officio member of any committees. Appoint the chairpersons of any committees and the committees shall report to the President.
- Escalation path for complaints and issues - both from within and outside SCGRR.
- Active participant in the National Group forum. We are the 3 rd largest in the nation and can provide good insights there as well as find out what other groups do.
- Work with legal counsel on big issues like sopoena’s for information.
- Sign critical papers such as those with shelters. All 3 officers can sign on behalf of rescue as needed.
- Make sure that all parties work together when cross discipline issues arise.
Qualities that will make you successful with us -
- Strong and energetic leader
- Time to take on a big role
- Balance of passion, level-headedness and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal skills - Excellent motivation, communication and listening
- Open-minded - asks questions before jumping to conclusions
- Experienced leader with servant leader mentality - ditch your ego at the door please
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams, including leadership team
- High professional integrity and ethics
- Solid mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to drive sound decisions and stick to them
- Ability to manage people when one has no direct control. SCGRR is 100% volunteer.
- Passionate about animal welfare and rescue. Some understanding of the animal welfare landscape and a thirst for knowledge to become an expert
- Financially secure / philanthropic
This is an uncompensated position.
About SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GOLDEN RETRIEVER RESCUE
PO BOX 25698, LOS ANGELES, CA 90025, US
Our mission is to rescue homeless Golden Retrievers, Golden mixes, and like breeds in Southern California from situations of abuse and neglect regardless of conditions or circumstances.
Southern California Golden Retriever Rescue is the third largest Golden Retriever Rescue in the country and second-largest in the Western Region. Our dogs are placed in foster homes, temperament tested, socialized, and vetted prior to adoption. Our goal is to find the perfect home for each individual dog with the help of their personal representative.
P.O. Box 25698Los Angeles, CA 90025
January 24, 2023
- Business Analysis
- Animal Care / Handling
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 30
- 25-30 hrs / wk