1 person is interested
Math Classroom Coaching - Tutor Austin ISD Students
ORGANIZATION: Austin Partners In Education
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Interested in helping students with math? Enjoy working with middle school students? Then the Math Classroom Coaching (MCC) program is for you! Join us as we help Austin ISD students increase their understanding of math and boost confidence in their math abilities.
About the MCC Program:
- Volunteers work with a small group of 2 to 4 middle school students on campus once a week for 45 minutes in a classroom with other volunteers and a teacher present.
- You can choose the class time that works best for you with options in the mornings and afternoons on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays at four local middle schools: Covington, Dobie, Martin, and Webb.
- You will receive training prior to your first session.
- Teachers select the activities, for the students, and volunteers receive the lessons in advance each week.
- All volunteers must complete a background check.
About Austin Partners In Education
3100 E. 4th Street, Austin, TX 78702, US
APIE provides college and career readiness support through individualized academic and mentoring programs to prepare students for success.
APIE was originally created in 1983 as Adopt-A-School by the Austin Independent School District and the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce before becoming Austin Partners in Education, an independent 501(c)(3) in 2004. We work in partnership with Austin ISD to reinvent the urban-school experience and build a talent pipeline of local students to grow the regional economy. Since our founding, we have trained and placed nearly 17,000 tutors and mentors, who have supported over 37,000 Austin ISD students.
Our academic support and mentoring programs increase access to higher education. We utilize best practice learning models with proven results that have received recognition from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and have been cited as an example of Better Use of Community Resources by the U.S. Department of Education. We were also honored by the White House Initiative in Educational Excellence for Hispanics.
Multiple locations Austin, TX 78702
January 24, 2023
- Math / Science Instruction
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 45-60 minutes once a week during the school year
- This volunteer opportunity takes place in-person during the school day. To see available time slots, visit our website. Note that a valid ID is required to enter the school campus.