2 hr: Coach Parkview HS Entrepreneurs!
ORGANIZATION: JA of Georgia (Junior Achievement)
Please visit the new page to apply.
3DE by Junior Achievement
3DE partners with businesses to introduce the case method approach to public high schools, enabling students to connect their education to careers beyond the classroom.
In 11th grade, 3DE students create their own small businesses and refine them over the school year. Through each six-week case study, students are learning how a company resolved an actual problem from the past, and then applying that knowledge to the development of their own business.
Volunteer professionals enhance this learning model by bringing relevant experience and problem-solving techniques to the students’ entrepreneurial venture.
- As a Project Coach, you will review student business plans and advise student teams on how they can improve, or adjust, their yearlong project (small business plan). Project Coaches act as a sounding board by helping students recognize the strengths of each team, and how to move forward in developing their own business.
- A brief Virtual Training is provided in advance.
- All sessions take place in-person at Parkview High School in the 3DE classrooms.
About JA of Georgia (Junior Achievement)
275 Northside Dr. NW, Atlanta, GA 30314, US
Imagine a generation of students armed with the confidence and understanding to take control of their futures and equipped to achieve their dreams. Junior Achievement’s purpose is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy by redesigning education to make learning more experiential, authentic, and relevant to the real world.
TWO PROGRAMS TO GET INVOLVED:
1. JA DISCOVERY CENTERS (JA BizTown or JA Finance Park): In a one day visit to JA BizTown or JA Finance Park, volunteers guide students as they progress through the interactive simulation to either help students run a business (JA BizTown) or help students budget as an adult for the day (JA Finance Park). JA BizTown and JA Finance Park provides middle school students with authentic and innovative learning experiences around professional business skills. There is no prior training or experience required, except volunteers must be 18 years or older.
- JA's Chick-fil-A Foudnation Discovery Center - downtown Atlanta
- JA's Discovery Center at Gwinnett - Lawrenceville, next to Discovery High School
- JA's Mike and Lynn Cottrell Discovery Center - Forsyth County
2. 3DE, POWERED BY JA
3DE Re-engineers high school education through partnerships with the business community and school districts, creating a new model of experiential learning through real-life case challenges. Looking for skilled volunteers with knowledge of: CASE STUDY METHODOLOGY, PRESENTATION, POWERPOINT CREATION, CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING.
9 Different High School's around Greater Atlanta.
998 Cole Drive SouthwestLilburn, GA 30047
January 24, 2023
- Financial Literacy
- SWOT / GAP Analysis
- Business Planning
- Product Development
- Business Analysis
- Must be at least 24
- 2 hr time commitment