1 person is interested
Healthcare Nonprofit (Unity Bands) Communications
ORGANIZATION: Unity Bands Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Unity Bands Inc. is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We are planning several innovative events to raise funds and provide direct support against COVID in 2023, in-person and virtual. We are seeking volunteers to assist with refining/expanding Unity Bands' community outreach plan and promoting our mission to the local community. We are looking for someone organized with a heart for COVID-19 response and healthcare workers, and embracing our core values. This volunteer opportunity is great for resume building and community service.
Responsibilities may include:
-Management of social media accounts and email distribution lists
-Draft articles and other informational marketing materials
-Development and execution of communication plan to help better promote our mission and our events
-Identification and pursuit of publicity and fundraising opportunities (e.g., publication opportunities in local periodicals)
Note that exact responsibilities are open to discussion based on the volunteer's specific interests and areas of expertise.
Why are we doing this? The underpaid but essential health care workforce in America comprises nearly 7 million people in low-paid health jobs including health care support workers, direct care workers, and health care service workers. According to Brookings, over 80% of health care support, service, and direct care workers are women and are also disproportionately people of color. Charitable dollars from the community typically wane within the initial three to six months after a disaster ( issuelab.org). In the case of COVID-19, media attention has shifted to other topics. Spreading awareness about the challenges healthcare workers are facing and the community support are two ways Unity Bands can help right now based on a recent survey conducted. "Continue supporting us. Just the little things that bring a smile and can make things better," said one healthcare worker.
Thank you for browsing, and we look forward to hearing from you!
About Unity Bands Inc.
Arnold, Arnold, MD 21012, US
Support low-income health care workers and providing credible COVID-19 information to at risk-communities.
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
- The idea for Unity Bands, an all-volunteer, nonprofit project, manifested in March 2020 as stay-at-home orders were enacted across the country and around the world. In December 2020, Unity Bands Founder and President, John Schirrippa, worked with a Brazilian graphics designer to create the memorable, green Unity Bands logo representing the nonprofit’s ethos: hope, fight and unity.
- search efforts
- Thus far, Unity Bands has sold 2,000 wristbands to individuals and organizations in 13 states and three countries, and donated over $15,000 to five medical facilities across New York, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Alabama. We’ve partnered with multiple organizations and individuals to raise funds through the sale of wristbands, restaurant givebacks, raffles, and sports giveaways.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 23, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible, 1-2 hours per week