Payson Community - Greeters Needed - Monthly Blood Drives!
ORGANIZATION: VITALANT Arizona
Please visit the new page to apply.
Vitalant is enlisting the support of Payson area Volunteers.
Blood Drive Volunteers who are available monthly can help with some of the following at our local community blood drive!
- Greet & welcome blood donors
- Manage schedule and donor flow
- Provide great communication and customer service to donor sand staff
- Serve refreshments in our hospitality area
There are many other Payson Monthly blood drives that would use your support, please consider registering as a Vitalant Volunteer!
CLICK HERE TO GET STARTED: CLICK / FOLLOW LINK HERE TO GET STARTED: https://vitalant.volunteerportal.org/?nd=m_home&logout=1
Vitalant Needs Volunteers!
We invite you to come and volunteer your time and talent with Vitalant, formally United Blood Services!
We are looking for Blood drive Volunteers to attend mobile blood drives to welcome and assist blood donors with the pre-registration process as well as monitoring and thanking donors and serving refreshments after their blood donation.
We invite all who are interested to share their excellent customer service skills. Here is a brief description of what to expect.
Blood Drive Volunteer Role Description
Our Volunteers will help to ensure that blood donors have an exceptional experience in a clean environment from the moment they arrive until the time they leave.
- Welcome and check-in donors
- Provide courteous and friendly communication and assistance to donors and staff
- Explain the donation process as necessary and answer any questions donors may have
- Assist with set up and help maintain cleanliness in Reception and Canteen/Hospitality areas
- Restock canteen/hospitality area and encourage donors to re-hydrate after donation procedure
- When applicable, may assist staff with reminder/cancellation calls, assist in re-scheduling donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
- Must be 16 or older
- Must pass a Criminal Background Check
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Display a courteous and friendly demeanor at all times
- Comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
- Ability to understand and explain technology needed for position: Donor Check-in, tablets, smart phones, apps, etc.
- Ability to regularly commit to a schedule, arrive punctually, and adapt to changes
- Reliable transportation
- Commit to at least 20 hours per calendar year
- Vitalant Volunteer Orientation
- Must complete a Self-paced onboarding process
- Blood Drive Volunteer Role-specific Training
Volunteer Services Specialist
About VITALANT Arizona
1524 W. 14th St., Tempe, AZ 85281, US
Vitalant exists to make a difference in people's lives by bringing together the best people, inspiring individuals to donate blood, producing a safe and ample blood supply, advancing cutting-edge research and embracing continuous quality improvement.
Vitalant ("Vye-TAL-ent") is the nation’s largest independent, nonprofit blood services provider exclusively focused on providing lifesaving blood and comprehensive transfusion medicine services for about 900 hospitals and their patients across the U.S. Every day, Vitalant needs to collect about 5,300 blood, platelet and plasma donations to help save lives. For more information and to schedule a donation appointment, visit vitalant.org or call 877-25-VITAL (877-258-4825).
We can't make this happen without the support of our volunteers!
507 West Wade LanePayson, AZ 85541
January 23, 2023
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1x per month! Lots of flexible times and dates available!
- No court ordered community service, all volunteers must complete a self-onboarding process prior to volunteering.