NHQ:BIO - Biomedical Partnership Liaison, Sickle Cell Initiative
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - National Headquarters
Please visit the new page to apply.
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Biomedical Services (BIO) department. This is a 100% virtual (volunteer-from-home) opportunity.
This work is specific to our Sickle Cell Initiative, a five-year plan to triple our African American blood donor base to better meet the needs of patients with sickle cell disease. Our Biomedical Services Partnership Officer builds new relationships with national community-based organizations who serve the Black community. We need a volunteer to support this work. This volunteer position will manage partner onboarding processes to expand and strengthen marketing and increase blood drive opportunities that will grow the number of blood donors who are Black.
Manage partner onboarding processes to expand and strengthen marketing and increase blood drive opportunities that will grow the number of blood donors who are Black.
- Actively communicate with external partners and Relationship Manager (RM) to organize information, manage meeting minutes, and action items, track follow-up items and help manage a contact list to share with the team and field members
- Develop and execute processes to take contact lists and national interest expressed from national sickle cell partners to activate blood drives, working with local teams that execute a blood drive
- Use organization contact lists
- Coordinate work and track timelines
- Keep RM informed on the status of the work
- Experience with project management
- Must have a bias toward action, be process-oriented with a strong and demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to plan and align tasks to meet goals while keeping colleagues informed and included
- Ability to work independently, reaching out for support from a variety of individuals, when needed
- Communication and customer service skills
- Strong, demonstrated, and compelling customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on a team and individually
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and across diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Reliable access to resources needed to volunteer 100% virtually
- Proficient in computer use and Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, also comfortable working in MS Teams
- Interest in addressing health inequities
- Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures that relate to operations within the assigned organizational unit
- The ability to prepare and edit complex documents
- Previous experience working with Community Based Organizations (CBO).
The training Requirement would include an overview of the Sickle Cell Initiative and the overall objectives and goals of the initiative. Overview of the roles and responsibilities of the department that support the initiative. Overview of the partnerships that they would support for the initiative.
Length Of Appointment:
One year, renewable
- Project Management
- Strategic planning with external partners
- Negotiating skills communiManaging a pipeline
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 22, 2023
- Strategic Planning
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4-5 hours per week including at least one evening Mon. through Wed.