DONATE TO THIS
29 people are interested
(Operations) Volunteer Administrative Assistant
ORGANIZATION: Ignite Arts & STEM (Formerly Ashe Arts & STEM)
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
29 people are interested
Position Summary : Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Volunteer Administrative Assistants will work to provide administrative support to the Ashe Arts & STEM organization as a whole.
Retirees & Stay-At-Home Moms & Dads highly encouraged to apply!
We are bringIng equity to ignite Arts & STEM with a strong commitment to uplift, inspire, and engage Arts & STEM scholars. This position will play an important role in helping Ashe Arts & STEM to achieve these goals.
Ashe Arts & STEM is thrilled to open the door to a new opportunity with our family. The Ashe Arts & STEM's mission is to represent BIPOC students who are interested in pursuing careers in ARTS and STEM fields, and help them achieve their educational goals through scholarships, and mentoring. We aim to facilitate the transition from student to professional.
We are looking for a dedicated and driven individual searching for an opportunity to support the day-to-day operation of a small non-profit organization.
Ashe Arts & STEM is headquartered in Los Angeles (Tarzana, CA), but applicants need not reside in the Los Angeles metro area as meetings are virtual. While this is a virtual opportunity, you still must live in the United States to apply.
The Administrative Assistants will be responsible for a variety of administrative and other tasks providing support where needed. The Administrative Assistants will work a flexible schedule virtually from home.
Like all volunteers and board members, the Administrative Assistants will also support a variety of efforts, and must be highly organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and have the ability to work independently. This position is ideal for someone who is excellent at multitasking and has an interest in learning non-profit administrative and development skills. This is a virtual position, however, you must live in the United States to apply.
The Administrative Assistant may work in a variety of capacities:
- Event planning Assistance
- Grant Writing / Research Assistance
- Newsletter / Material development
- Outreach Assistance
- IT / Website maintenance
- Marketing Assistance
- Social Media Management
- Proficiency in Google Workspace and/or Microsoft Office required
- Must have a phone and computer
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner
- Detail-oriented, strong sensitivity to deadlines, multitasking ability, strong organizational and problem-solving skills are a must
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Must be able to accomplish tasks independently
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team member
- Must be flexible and open to changing priorities and needs
- Must be teachable/coachable
- Must be personable
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Must patient and courteous
- Performs general clerical tasks as needed
- Database management (eg updating new contact information, periodic audits to ensure accuracy of the database, and sending out acknowledgement letters)
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks including updating financial reports, assisting with annual audit etc
- Provides as-needed assistance with various events throughout the year including the Children’s Art Exhibition, Mentors & Mimosas Gala, and the Annual Back to School event
- Prepare for Board of Directors meetings by printing agendas, minutes, and other documents
- Maintain organizational archives, files and documents
- Manage donor database
- Prospect research (donors, grants, foundations, sponsors)
- Completes filings to maintain all state charitable registrations
- Coordinate website & social media updates
- Assist with print and electronic newsletters
- Assist with donor communications, including appeal and thank you letters
- Coordinate bulk mailings
- Ensure that Ashe Arts and STEM’s information on websites like Guidestar, and Charity Navigator are accurate and up to date
- Take on additional administrative, clerical, and project duties as directed by the Board of Directors
- Ability to handle confidential matters with utmost integrity
- Multitasking, organizational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of computers
- All other duties as assigned
May require non-traditional work hours including weekends and eveningsCommitment to Our Mission:
Ashe Arts & STEM empowers BIPOC students who are seeking careers in Arts & STEM. As a non-profit, our volunteers must be supportive of our mission. We actively seek candidates who have professional skills, experience, and willingness to strengthen diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of our mission. Ashe Arts & STEM does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by law.
We are a young non-profit whose mission is to provide scholarships and mentoring to BIPOC students seeking careers in Arts & STEM. We may be small, but we have lofty goals, and to achieve them it takes other dedicated volunteers to make happen. The things we accomplished in 2022 are a testament to the board members involved in making these accomplishments possible! )
- Feb, 2022 - Our 3rd annual Black History Month Expo event was a great success with over 40 small BIPOC owned businesses represented at our expo event. Our Arts & STEM panel broadcasts drew the largest live audience yet.
- August 2022 - We had a very successful back-to-school event in August and with the support of donors and sponsors we were able to give away nearly 250 backpacks to children from the Greater Los Angeles area.
- September, 2022 - We were able to distribute much needed school supplies in August to 4 awardees of our Adopt-A-Classroom program.
- September 2022 - In 2021 we announced our 8 inaugural scholarship and community impact winners at our gala. We dispersed funds to these students who began their first year of post secondary education this fall.
- September, 2022 - We have launched our 2022-2023 scholarship program on the Bold.org platform ( https://bit.ly/3S0FDkt) Scholarship winners will be notified in March 2023 and also announced at the May 2023 gala.
While this is a volunteer position, it is vital to our mission. Volunteering for a non-profit requires real dedication and commitment. Our mission depends on this. Please keep this in mind before responding.Time:
We are seeking someone who could provide at least 8-10 hours per week on average of volunteer time (as needed) to support our efforts.
About Ignite Arts & STEM (Formerly Ashe Arts & STEM)
5609 Yolanda Avenue #571255, Tarzana, CA 91357, US
To bridge the education gap for BIPOC students pursuing Arts and STEM fields through Mentorships and Scholarships.
This organization is focused on equity for BIPOC students pursuing careers in the arts, sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics fields.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 11, 2024
- Administrative Support
- Donor Management
- Internet Research
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- We are seeking someone who could provide at least 8-10 hours per week on average of volunteer time (as needed) to support our efforts.
- This is a virtual position, however, you must live in the United States to apply.