ELA Online Tutoring CIET-LaGuardia Community College
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Center for Immigrant Education and Training
The Center for Immigrant Education and Training (CIET) is looking for volunteer tutors to support CIET's Online Learning Hub. CIET Online Learning Hub offers one-on-one online academic support in Math, Science, and ELA to low-income school-aged children. Volunteer tutors will make it possible for CIET to continue addressing educational inequities exacerbated by the pandemic. To volunteer, we require that you meet the following criteria:
- Be available to volunteer for at least 2 hours weekly .
- Provide tutoring on any weekday after 4:00 pm or weekends
- Commit to supporting CIET's Family Literacy children in improving their literacy, science, and math skills and/or help with homework.
- Commit to following all CIET's policies and procedures, including confidentiality and boundaries.
- Provide feedback on student progress and/or concerns to CIET staff.
- Must be comfortable using online platform such as Zoom.
- Must be at least 16 years old and have parental consent to volunteer if under 18 years old.
If you would like to become a CIET Volunteer Tutor, please email us your resume at email@example.com and complete this form: https://forms.gle/aUeDN7i7XWQGbuBT9
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
29-10 Thomson AveRoom C239Long Island City, NY 11101
January 21, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK