Online Evening/Weekend Volunteer Tutor + Mentor For Grades 3-6 (No experience required)
ORGANIZATION: Step Up Tutoring
Please visit the new page to apply.
Step Up Tutoring is a California non-profit, dedicated to improving student success in under-resourced communities through academic support & mentorship. We're looking for volunteer tutors and mentors to work with students in under-resourced communities.
What you'll be doing:
- Work online with a student in grades 3-6, for 1 hour twice a week
- Help with homework in math and English
- Work to provide personalized learning
- Mentor, support & have fun with your student!
How it works:
- You select the best times that work around YOUR schedule
- Step Up Tutoring supports you with training and resources (no experience required!)
- Login via Zoom and have fun with your student!
- High School/GED, Associate's, or Bachelor's Degree in progress or completed
- Complete brief interview
- Background check
- Enjoy working with kids!
About Step Up Tutoring
1424 4th St, Santa Monica, CA 90401, US
Step Up Tutoring’s mission is to drive student success in under-resourced communities by providing free online tutoring and mentorship to elementary school students. Our volunteer tutors not only offer academic support to students, but also provide valuable mentorship and social support. Our goal is to increase engagement, improve academic performance, and strengthen students’ social safety net. We are currently supporting LAUSD and AUSD students from Title I schools!
Step Up Tutoring is a California based non-profit organization seeking to close the education gap, while developing enduring bonds and cultivating academic success through fun online learning activities.
Through our partnership with LAUSD, and with the help of our dedicated volunteers, we offer free online tutoring and mentoring for students grades 3-6 to improve student success in under-resourced communities.
Multiple locations Napa, CA 94558
January 27, 2023
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a week, for 12 weeks, around your schedule (all online)
- High School/GED, Associate's, or Bachelor's Degree (In progress or completed)