3 people are interested
Hospice of Southern Maine -Administrative/Event Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Hospice of Southern Maine
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Position Title: Administrative/Event- Volunteer
Hospice of Southern Maine’s mission is to provide compassion, care, and comfort through end of life. Formed through a collaborative effort among York and Cumberland County leaders and health care providers, Hospice of Southern Maine (HSM) organized in 2001 and began providing direct patient services in 2004. Today, HSM cares for more than 1,600 patients annually, at the patient's home, current care facility, and Gosnell Memorial Hospice House, an 18-bed inpatient facility in Scarborough. HSM admits patients with a variety of diagnoses, including Alzheimer's; heart, lung, and kidney diseases; stroke; Lou Gehrig's disease; and cancer. Care is patient-centered with family support and provided by a comprehensive interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, social workers, aides, chaplains, grief counselors, and volunteers. Hospice of Southern Maine is a non-profit 501(c)3,
Primary Location: 390 US Route One Scarborough
Position Summary: An Administrative-Event Volunteer provides additional assistance to various departments within Hospice of Southern Maine and is responsible for helping with daily clerical and office duties and/or events.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completes HSM on job training.
- Screening Criteria:
- Application & 2 personal references
- Successful completion of criminal background check.
- Complete drug screen.
- Maine ID, Drivers License, or passport.
- Have no significant personal loss within previous year.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides clerical and administrative assistance or event support.
- Complete volunteer log of hours and activities.
Required Skills, Ability and Knowledge:
- Excellent listening skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks within designated time frame.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Able to work alone and with a team depending on task.
About Hospice of Southern Maine
390 US Route One, Scarborough, ME 04074, US
compassion, care, and comfort at end of life
Comprehensive hospice services to York and Cumberland Counties, Maine.
390 US Route OneScarborough, ME 04074
November 3, 2023
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training