DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Service to the Armed Forces - Medical Treatment Facility: Licensed Volunteer Fairfax, VA
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
This position supports the Regional Service to the Armed Forces department. To provide assistance with a specific service or treatment to designated clients in an urgent care, outpatient/inpatient unit, or other health care setting in a Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) or satellite office (to include dental clinic or veterinary clinic) where specialized credentials or certification are required. These can include Medical Doctors/Physicians; Physical Therapists; RNs/LPNs; Dentists; Nurse Practitioners; Phlebotomists; Lab/Radiology/Pharmacy Technicians; EMTs (NREMT); Licensed Clinical Social Workers; Mental Health Professionals; Certified Nursing Assistants; Veterinarians.
- Maintain valid license/credentials/certification IAW MTF policy/Credentialing Office
* Work under direct supervision and guidance of the Department, Clinic, or Officer in Charge within the scope of license and training.
* Perform duties within the scope of licensure and training and as outlined in the credentials file.
* Level of responsibility will vary according to the level of education, training, and experience of the individual.
* Duties will vary based on license type and volunteer location and may include and not limited to: Greeting and screening patients; answering questions; taking vitals; transporting specimens to the lab; assisting with patient transport; restocking medications; dispensing medications; performing diagnostic x-rays and basic lab tests; venipunctures and IVs; EKGs
* Maintain confidentiality, adhering to HIPAA regulations
* Maintain standards of practice and ethical conduct in the care and treatment of patients
* Log and file reports as needed
* Maintain professionalism and conduct in accordance with Red Cross policy
* Ensure volunteer hours are tracked per Red Cross policy
* Adhere to all safety, security, and infection control policies, procedures, and guidelines per MTF policy
Flexible with the scheduled commitment of 4+ hours per week. Most shifts would be on weekdays during business hours.
COVID Vaccination Required (Fully, 2 weeks after 2nd dose)
Needs to be US Citizen without Dual Citizenship
- Willingness to comply with Red Cross COVID-19 policies for in-person volunteer activities.
- Support Red Cross Mission
* Additional security clearance may be required in compliance with government regulations
* Valid/current license/credentials to practice in the specialty area
* Valid certifications to include BCLS, ACLS, PALS, or other life-saving courses as required
* Ability to work with a variety of people
* Occupational health clearance and immunizations as required
* Must be able to read, understand and follow directions; able to work with supervision and/or independently
- Red Cross Management Team; Specified Volunteer Leaders and other volunteers; MTF staff; Department/section heads and other employees
* Patients and family members
Length of Appointment
Ongoing, 1+ years
- Attend relevant Red Cross training, applicable in-service training, and workshops to help maintain skills and licensure.
* Raise awareness and represent the American Red Cross to the military community and their families
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
* HIPAA training; All required hospital, pharmacy, emergency room, department/section training, including computer access, security, and safety training
* All training necessary to maintain skills and education according to credentialing requirements
* On-the-job training as deemed appropriate by the supervisor
About American Red Cross - National Capital & Greater Chesapeake Region
4700 Mt. Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to a service member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
9300 DeWitt LoopFort Belvoir, VA 22060
November 24, 2023
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Patient Care
- Veteran Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible with the scheduled commitment of 4+ hours per week. Most shifts would be on weekdays during business hours.
- Base access preferred and COVID vax required