Board Members Wanted!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: CT Folk
Do you love music? Or do you have a passion for environmental sustainability and social justice? If so, CT Folk, a 501(c) 3 non-profit, could be the right place for you to invest your skills and expertise.
CT Folk seeks to engage, entertain and inspire a diverse audience through music and conversation to create a socially responsible and environmentally sustainable community. And we are looking for Board Members to join our dedicated group during our exciting phase of growth.
Over the last three decades, CT Folk has served as a venue to showcase both emerging and more established musicians through our Folk Fest and Green Expo, Folk at the Edge, and other offerings. CT Folk supports the development of new work; pays tribute to individuals who have made distinctive or significant contributions to our musical and environmental culture; recognizes those who have contributed to the betterment of the community; provides educational opportunities; and gives rise to social and civic causes in our local community through musical endeavors. CT Folk is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We believe deeply in equality and diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all unique.
In order to fully realize our strategic plan, expand our reach, and deepen our partnerships throughout Connecticut, we need additional capacity on our board. We are looking for several specific areas of expertise, but encourage anyone excited by this opportunity to apply. Currently we have a particular need for philanthropy, marketing, and financial experts.
Board members are responsible for and expected to:
- Guide the organization’s mission and purpose
- Provide proper financial oversight
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability
- Ensure effective organizational planning
- Enhance the organization’s public standing
- Determine, monitor, and strengthen the organization’s programs and services
- Ensure that CT Folk continues to work toward greater diversity and inclusion
- Regularly attend board meetings
- Attend, support and help plan and promote the organization’s concerts, events and activities
- Help to identify, recruit and orient new board members
- Participate in fundraising campaigns
- Assist in expanding CT Folk’s donor network
Check out our website for more information!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
PO Box 340495 Fountain StreetNew Haven, CT 06515
January 18, 2023