Global PR Director
ORGANIZATION: Hired In Michigan Community Empowerment
Please visit the new page to apply.
Hired In Michigan Community Empowerment is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting job seeker's and entrepreneurs’ personal and professional development by fostering authentic connections and elevated programming alongside mentorship and growth opportunities.
Located in Metro Detroit, Hired In Michigan Community Empowerment is the first-ever space of its kind in Michigan, providing education and resources for a diverse and inclusive community via annual membership, educational seminars, mentorship programs, and wellness offerings - all created by entrepreneurs and job seekers for a community ready to thrive and succeed.
Hired In Michigan Community Empowerment is looking for the PR industry’s next rising star. In this role, the PR coordinator will work across the growing Hired In Michigan Community Empowerment communications team to gain a wide range of experience spanning media relations to event and issue management. This position reports directly to Hired In Michigan Community Empowerment’s Head of Global Communications and is a remote role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Daily media monitoring and reporting
- Develop and manage the North America and Global communications teams on external and internal announcements and events; support could include developing press releases, fact sheets, Q&As, scripts, briefing books, as well as pitching reporters, managing logistics, and more.
- Help drive thought leadership by identifying customers and topics for content such as: media pitches, bylines, blog posts, case studies, whitepapers, social media posts, speeches, awards and more
- Manage a master calendar for Hired In Michigan Community Empowerment’s communications team, including PR, internal comm, and executive social media execution
Basic Qualifications :
- Associate’s degree in Communications, Journalism, PR or a related field
- Excellent writer
- Strong project manager. Applies discipline and rigor around planning and execution.
- Demonstrates the ability to thrive in a rapidly growing, international organization, working with colleagues across business units, functions, and geographies
- Creative, collaborative, and organized, with a knack for balancing multiple assignments
- Proactive, reliable, responsible, and accurate with an attention to detail
About Hired In Michigan Community Empowerment
24901 Northwestern Highway, Suite 416, Southfield, MI 48075, US
Hired In Michigan Community Empowerment is a social enterprise venture that has a primary goal to provide resources for businesses, employers, and individuals.
Hired In Michigan Community Empowerment is a women-owned pioneer of business office education programs designed to help entrepreneurs launch, land, or expand their businesses. In addition, we offer socially beneficial economic community education and partnerships to help dislocated workers, incumbent workers, unemployed workers, former felons, and homeless individuals seeking employment in Metro Detroit communities and throughout Michigan.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 17, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging