District Commissioner - South Western District (Glasgow)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Clyde ScoutsWelcome
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more.
We question and listen and form wide open minds. We take a deep breath and speak up. We think on our feet. See the big picture. Ignore the butterflies and go for it. We get back up and try again. We think about what’s next, and plan for it. We jump in, get muddy, give back and get set.
We’re Scouts and everyone’s welcome here. All genders, races and backgrounds. Every week we give over 6,500 4-25 year olds across Clyde Region the skills they need for school, college, university, the job interview, the important speech, the tricky challenge and the big dreams: the skills they need for life.South Western District
South Western District, is located within Clyde Region, and is made up of 10 Groups. This covers South West of Glasgow. South Western District total membership is currently 703 young people and 300 adults.The current vacancy
We’re currently looking for a District Commissioner. This is a management role, and we need someone who can provide leadership, motivation and guidance to our other adult volunteers. A large part of this role involves supporting managers of local Groups. For any adult volunteer in Scouting, their manager will be a regular point of call for support. You don’t need any prior experience of Scouting to apply for this role: we’ll make sure you’re fully trained and supported.
District Commissioners support adults at every level to ensure that they are motivated, inspired and focused on providing first-class Scouting. A good manager thanks other volunteers for their hard work and helps to make sure that they feel happy and supported, week after week.
The District Commissioner will also provide direction for the District and will help others see the bigger Scouting picture through solid leadership.Role description
To manage and support the Scout District to ensure it runs effectively, and that Scouting within the District develops in accordance with the rules and policies of The Scout Association. To ensure the District provides good quality Scouting for young people and proactively supports and manages adults in the District.
Deputy District Commissioners, Assistant District Commissioners, Group Scout Leaders, District Explorer Scout Commissioner, District Scout Network Leaders, District Scout Active Support Managers, District Scouters, District Advisers, Nights Away Advisers, District Media Development Manager.
Region Commissioner, Deputy District Commissioners, Group Scout Leaders, District Explorer Scout Commissioner, District Scout Active Support Managers, District Scout Network Leaders, Assistant District Commissioners, members of the District Executive Committee and its sub-committees, Regional Scout Network Commissioner, Regional Training Manager, Local Training Manager, members of the Regional Development Service, Local Development Officers, other District Commissioners, members of the local community, schools and other youth organisations.
Must complete the relevant training (a wood badge) within three years of taking up the role. Must be eligible for charity trustee status (as a member of the District Executive Committee). It is expected that whilst volunteering for this role you will undertake regulated activity.Main Tasks
· Ensure that the District thrives and has the best systems in place to support the Groups, to support all adult volunteers in the District and to develop Scouting in the District
· Provide line management and support to the adults in the District that directly report to you including setting objectives for their work and holding regular reviews and one-to-one meetings.
· Produce a vision for the District and implement a development plan to meet that vision.
· Ensure that Scouting in the District is attractive to young people and adults from all backgrounds in the District.
· Ensure that the District has an adequate team of supported and appropriate adults working effectively together and with others to meet the Scouting needs of the area.
· Ensure that problems within the District are resolved so that excellent Scouting is provided to young people in the District.
· Work with the Regional Commissioner and other District Commissioners in the Region to ensure that the Scouting in the Region thrives.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Glasgow, Scotland G2 4PBUnited Kingdom
January 17, 2023
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK