Grow Brooklyn Board Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Grow Brooklyn
Grow Brooklyn is a Central Brooklyn, non-profit that equips low income New Yorkers with tools and resources to improve their financial stability thereby securing their economic future. Since 2008, the organization has served 30,000 households through our four primary programs: free tax preparation, free financial counseling, free housing counseling and legal services.
Grow Brooklyn is an affiliate of Brooklyn Cooperative Federal Credit Union, a community development credit union serving the low-income communities of Central Brooklyn. The two organizations work together to fulfill a common mission of furthering economic development in their communities by enabling families to build assets.
Grow Brooklyn's Board is responsible for:
• determining the mission and purposes of the organization
• selecting and evaluating the performance of the Executive Director
• strategic and organizational planning
• ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
• fundraising and resource development
• approving and monitoring Grow Brooklyn’s programs and services
• enhancing Grow Brooklyn’s public image
• assessing its own performance as the governing body of Grow Brooklyn
Each individual board member is expected to:
• know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
• faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
• serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for Grow Brooklyn to advance its mission
• leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve Grow Brooklyn’s mission
• give a meaningful personal financial donation
• help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputation standing, and can influence public policy
• prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings
• participate fully in one or more committees Board Member
All Board Members are also expected to:
• follow the organization’s bylaws, policies, and board resolutions
• sign an annual conflict-of-interest disclosure and update it during the year if necessary, as well as disclose potential conflicts before meetings and actual conflicts during meetings
• maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of Grow Brooklyn
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1474 Myrtle AveBrooklynNew York, NY 11237
January 15, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH